HSBC Online Banking activation
We're currently making improvements to our Online Banking service.
If you registered for Online Banking prior to the 17th December 2014 it's not possible for you to activate your existing Secure Key and you will need to re-start your registration.
If you registered for Online Banking after this date, please log on to Online Banking entering your username, memorable answer and your password, from here you will be prompted to activate your Secure Key.
We apologise for any inconvenience which this delay may cause. Once you are registered, we look forward to introducing you to Online Banking, including the exciting enhancements we're working on now.
Apply in branch
HSBC Current Account customers can book an appointment to apply in branch by calling 03457 404 404. From outside the UK +44 1226 261 010. You’ll need to bring identification
and proof of your address.
Apply by phone
A member of our friendly team can help you decide if opening a Bank Account Pay Monthly is right for you.
Call us on
0800 169 5422
Lines are open 8am to 8pm every day except Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day.
Please ensure you can answer YES to the following questions:
- Are you 18 years or over?
- Will you be paying at least £500 per month into this account? (Should you fail to make the £500 monthly payment required to maintain your account, we will either change it to a Current Account or give you notice that we will be closing your account. If you are under the age of 24, the qualification criteria will not apply.)
- Are you happy for us to undertake a credit register search (PDF) PDF download. This link will open in a new browser window?
- Can you provide us with identification and proof of your address and one month's bank statements from your current bank?
Things you should know
Before applying, please take the time to read the following. You may also want to save some of these documents for future reference.
- Privacy Notice (PDF) PDF download. This link will open in a new browser window. (which explains how we will use your personal information)
- UK FSCS Information Sheet and Exclusions List (PDF) PDF download. This link will open in a new browser window. (Please read this document before applying)
- Personal Banking Terms and Conditions and Charges (PDF)
- Notice of Variation to Personal Banking Terms and Conditions and Charges and Banking made easy with effect from 13 January 2018 (PDF)
- Personal Banking Terms and Conditions effective from 13 January 2018 (PDF)
- Charges and Additional Product Terms effective from 13 January 2018 (PDF)
- Banking made easy (PDF)
- Banking made easy effective from 13 January 2018 (PDF)
- Important notes This link will open in a new browser window.
- Lending Code This link will open in a new browser window.
- Money Advice Service This link will open in a new browser window.
To read our PDF files you'll need to have Acrobat Reader 8.0™ or above. We think most of you will have this but if you don't, it's free and can be downloaded from Adobe UK This link will open in a new browser window. . If you are accessing this website using screen reading technology that cannot read PDFs, a converter is available at Access Adobe This link will open in a new browser window. .
- About HSBC
- Site map
- News and media
- HSBC Group
- UK Ring-fencing
- © HSBC Group 2017