With a capital repayment plan, your monthly payment covers the interest charged on your mortgage and it also reduces the outstanding balance each month in line with the term selected.
With this repayment plan, you can ensure your mortgage is fully paid off at the end of the mortgage period.
What you get with the repayment option:
- Interest and capital repaid Your monthly payment covers the interest and also reduces the total balance outstanding
- Secure Providing all payments are made, the mortgage will be repaid in full at the end of the agreed mortgage term
- Choose your repayment term Up to a maximum of 30 years.
Capital repayment is a repayment option on all of our mortgage products - fixed rate, tracker and discount mortgages.
With an interest only mortgage, your monthly payment covers only the interest on your loan, enabling you to invest to pay off your mortgage at the end of the mortgage term or freeing up cash to spend elsewhere.
By repaying only the interest on your mortgage, your monthly payments are lower than with an equivalent capital repayment mortgage.
Note: You are responsible for making your own arrangements to repay your mortgage at the end of the mortgage term.
This could be through an endowment scheme or some other savings and investment plan.
Your property may be repossessed if you do not have sufficient funds to repay the capital balance outstanding at the end of the term.
What you get with the Interest only option:
- Interest only The monthly payment covers just the interest and the original capital amount borrowed remains outstanding throughout the term of the loan
- Lower monthly payments Because you are not repaying the capital your monthly payments will be lower than with a capital repayment mortgage
In order to qualify for our Interest Only Mortgages:
sole applicants must have a minimum income of £100,000 per annum excluding bonus, commission, overtime and rental income.
For joint applications, at least one applicant must have an individual income of £100,000 per annum excluding bonus, commission, overtime and rental income.
- For a Buy-to-Let Interest only mortgage, you must meet our Buy-to-Let criteria.
- Choose your mortgage loan term Up to a maximum of 25 years
Lower borrowing limit
We offer a range of loan to values (LTV)
based on the amount you are looking to borrow. The table below shows the LTV bandings we offer:
||Maximum loan to value
|Up to and including £400,000
|Over £400,000 to £1 million
|Over £1 million to £2 million
|Over £2 million
If you are interested in applying for a part capital repayment mortgage and a part interest only mortgage, please call us on 0800 169 633†.
You must be able to demonstrate you have a suitable repayment strategy in place.
Get an idea of what your mortgage could look like with one of our Calculators.
When you are considering your repayment strategy the following applies:
- Property: you can only use up to the loan to value of the property and this should not be from the sale of your main residence. See the section above for more details.
- Endowments: should be based on their surrender value
- Other investments/ insurance policies: should be based on their current value