HSBC Online Banking activation
We're currently making improvements to our Online Banking service.
If you registered for Online Banking prior to the 17th December 2014 it's not possible for you to activate your existing Secure Key and you will need to re-start your registration.
If you registered for Online Banking after this date, please log on to Online Banking entering your username, memorable answer and your password, from here you will be prompted to activate your Secure Key.
We apologise for any inconvenience which this delay may cause. Once you are registered, we look forward to introducing you to Online Banking, including the exciting enhancements we're working on now.
Send and receive money using just a mobile number via the HSBC Mobile Banking app.
- It's quick, easy and secure
- No need to share your account details with others
- Less need to carry cash, or use cheques
- Seventeen banks and building societies offer the Paym service to their customers, and more than 3 million people have registered already
Register for Paym to receive payments
- Log on to the HSBC Mobile Banking App and select Paym from the main menu.
- Select "Register to receive payments" and follow the next steps.
If you're new to HSBC Mobile Banking App:
- Download Download the app
- Open Open the app and click 'Log on'
- Register Click 'Not registered'
- Activate Follow the on screen instructions to register and activate your digital secure key
At present the HSBC Mobile Banking app can only be used on Android™, iPhone, iPad, iPad Mini and iPod touch, Amazon fire and BlackBerry© digital devices running up-to-date software.
What devices are supported?
Paym has been designed to work on any digital device that the HSBC Mobile Banking app currently supports.
If you don't have a compatible device you can still use the service to receive payments but not make them by registering using Online Banking. You do not need the HSBC Mobile Banking app to do this.
Already registered for Online banking?
- Log on to Online Banking
- Select "Register to receive payments using Paym" and follow the next steps.
If you haven't yet registered for Online Banking, simply click on the link below and follow the on-screen instructions.
How to send money with Paym
- Log on to the HSBC Mobile Banking App and select Paym from the menu.
- Select "Send a payment without registering".
- The first time you send a payment you'll need to set your daily payment limit.
- Select the account you'd like to send money from and follow the next steps.
Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc. BlackBerry World is the trademark or registered trademark of BlackBerry Limited, the exclusive rights to which are expressly reserved. HSBC Bank plc is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or otherwise authorized by BlackBerry Limited.
Looking for HSBC Business Paym? Click here to find out more.
- About HSBC
- Site map
- News and media
- HSBC Group
- UK ring fencing
- © HSBC Bank plc 2015