HSBC Online Banking activation
We're currently making improvements to our Online Banking service.
If you registered for Online Banking prior to the 17th December 2014 it's not possible for you to activate your existing Secure Key and you will need to re-start your registration.
If you registered for Online Banking after this date, please log on to Online Banking entering your username, memorable answer and your password, from here you will be prompted to activate your Secure Key.
We apologise for any inconvenience which this delay may cause. Once you are registered, we look forward to introducing you to Online Banking, including the exciting enhancements we're working on now.
Saving to buy your first home?
Open an HSBC Help to Buy: ISA and save up to £200 per calendar month.
Get on the property ladder with a 25% Bonus from the Government.
Want to know more about ISAs?
Why not watch our ISA video guide.
- Get a 25% bonus on your savings Save £200 per calendar month and receive a UK Government bonus of 25% of your saved balance, up to a maximum bonus of £3,000
- Save more in your first month Save an additional £1,000 in the first month to help kick start your savings
- Regular Savings Set up a monthly standing order to make the most of your allowance
- No Minimum to start No minimum balance to open your ISA
In order to open an HSBC Help to Buy: ISA you must:
- be aged 16 or over
- be a resident in the UK for tax purposes. Crown Servants (typically Diplomats or members of the Armed Forces serving abroad and/or their spouses/civil partners) are also eligible
- never have owned a residential property
- not have already subscribed to a cash ISA during the current tax year
- have a valid National Insurance Number
|Account name||Help to Buy: ISA|
|What is the interest rate?||
Interest is calculated daily and credited to the account monthly.
Balances up to £12,000 will earn the higher rate of interest. Only the part of the balance above £12,000 will earn the lower rate of interest.
|Can HSBC change the interest rate?||
Can HSBC change the interest rate?
Yes, we can change the interest rate on this account in line with clauses 24 -27 of the Help to Buy: ISA Terms and Conditions:
|What would the estimated balance be after 12 months based on an initial deposit of £1,200 followed by 11 further monthly deposits of £200?||
For the purpose of this calculation, it is assumed:-
Projection provided for illustrative purposes only and does not take into account individual circumstances.
|How do I open & manage my account?||
How do I open & manage my account?
How to open the account:
How to manage the account
|Can I withdraw money?||
Can I withdraw money?
Yes, you have instant access to your account. You can make as many fee free withdrawals as you like. However once you have paid in the maximum monthly allowance, any amount withdrawn can not be replaced until the following calendar month.
If you withdraw funds from your ISA you will lose the associated tax benefits.
Any funds withdrawn before closing your Help to Buy: ISA will not count towards the Government Bonus.
A 30 day cancellaton period applies to this account.
Interest is paid tax-free, that is free from UK Income Tax and Capital Gains Tax.
The value of tax benefits described depends on individual circumstances. The tax treatment of ISAs could change in the future.
A Government bonus of 25% is payable of the amount you save up to £12,000. The maximum bonus you can receive is £3,000.
The Help to Buy: ISA is a cash ISA. If you open a Help to Buy: ISA , you will not be able to open another cash ISA in the same tax year.
The maximum annual amount you can save in to an Help to Buy: ISA will be less than the maximum annual ISA limit.
Rates correct as at 25.01.17
Our top 5 FAQs1. What if I want to buy a house after only saving for a few months? opens a overlay window
2. How do I claim my bonus? opens a overlay window
3. Can I subscribe to another ISA in the same tax year? opens a overlay window
4. When will I receive my bonus? opens a overlay window
5. Can I make withdrawals from a Help to Buy: ISA? opens a overlay window
Prefer to talk face-to-face?
Pop into your nearest branch for a chat.Find a branch
You might also be interested in
If you would like to use your allowance for stocks and share as well as cash.
Find out how much you could borrow with a HSBC Mortgage.
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.
Increase your income by making the tax system work for you.
For help and guidance, use this tool.
- About HSBC
- Site map
- News and media
- HSBC Group
- UK ring fencing
- © HSBC Bank plc 2015