HSBC Online Banking activation
We're currently making improvements to our Online Banking service.
If you registered for Online Banking prior to the 17th December 2014 it's not possible for you to activate your existing Secure Key and you will need to re-start your registration.
If you registered for Online Banking after this date, please log on to Online Banking entering your username, memorable answer and your password, from here you will be prompted to activate your Secure Key.
We apologise for any inconvenience which this delay may cause. Once you are registered, we look forward to introducing you to Online Banking, including the exciting enhancements we're working on now.
Hurry offer ends 30 October 2016
Get £200 when you switch and
stay with HSBC Advance
Terms and conditions apply
Get £200 when you switch and stay with HSBC Advance
Open a new HSBC Advance Bank Account and get £150 when you switch with a minimum of 2 Direct Debits or Standing Orders using the Current Account Switch Service within 30 days of opening your account.
Receive a further payment of £50 - 12 months later, when you register for Mobile or Online Banking within 60 days of account opening and continue to meet the account qualifying criteria*.
The above offer applies to successful applications received by 30 October 2016 and is subject to availability. We reserve the right to withdraw this offer at any time. For full details please see the important information.
All lending is subject to status. Learn more about switching to HSBC
*account eligibility criteria must be met for 9 out of the first 12 months of account
ADVANCE ACCOUNT OVERVIEW
Current account essentials
- No monthly account fee
- 24/7 customer service
- A minimum overdraft offer of £1000 at account opening*12
- £500 daily ATM cash withdrawals
- Contactless HSBC Advance debit card (subject to status)
- Ability to manage eligible worldwide HSBC Accounts via one simple log in
- Worldwide ATM cash withdrawals without HSBC non-sterling cash fees
(A non-sterling transaction fee of 2.75% still applies)*1
Access to preferential rates & benefits*2
- 5% AER/Gross with our Regular Saver *3
- £250 off booking fees on our
Standard mortgage range
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage
- 10% interest cashback on loans*5
Representative 3.3% APR for loans between £7k-15k over 1-5 years
- Preferential Overdraft Interest Rate*2*6
Representative Example: 17.9% EAR
EAR is Effective Annual Rate. This takes account of the interest rate and how often interest is charged, and does not include any other fees or charges
Financial and other eligibility criteria and terms and conditions applyHow to apply
We know that sometimes it's easy to lose track of your spending. That's why we've introduced our overdraft text alert service for all our current account customers to make it easier, and to help you avoid informal Overdraft Usage Fees. Here's how it works:
- If you make a transaction that takes you overdrawn or over your formal overdraft limit, we may decide to provide an informal overdraft to cover it. There's an Overdraft Usage Fee of £5 a day for this service
- We'll text you to let you know we're providing an informal overdraft, giving you the chance to pay money into your account by 23:45pm that day to avoid paying a fee
- If you're not back within your formal limit by the end of the first day, we'll confirm you are now incurring a daily fee and remind you again to pay money into your account to avoid paying further fees
- We'll also text you to let you know if we decide not to pay a Direct Debit, standing order, future dated bill payment or cheque. In most cases, you'll have till 3:30pm to pay in funds to cover the payment
There is no additional cost*9 and you'll automatically receive these texts if we have a mobile telephone number for you, so please make sure yours is up to date. If you'd prefer not to receive these alerts, you can call us to opt out.
Subject to status and meeting HSBC's UK proof of address requirements.
- View balances and up to 90 recent transactions
- Make bill payments to existing beneficiaries
- Transfer funds between your HSBC personal accounts
- Use Paym to send payments to other registered users and register to receive payments using a mobile number (available on most devices. See www.hsbc.co.uk/mobileapp for further details)
As an HSBC customer we'll treat you as a person, not a number, when we make any lending decision.
- As part of our obligations to you as a customer, before we lend money we work hard to be sure you can afford to repay it, helping you stay in control of your money. This can be a tricky business, so we use many pieces of information and a variety of techniques to help us make the right decision. That means things like Credit Scoring, Credit Reference Agency data and your history with us
- Just as we have real people answering your calls, we have real people using their judgement, experience and skill to make a genuine assessment of your ability to repay
- If we do lend you money, we'll always provide clear information at appropriate points and will keep you fully informed. We don't like to turn people away, so if we decide not to lend money to you, it will usually be because we're trying to protect your financial health
- Subject to status and meeting HSBC's UK proof of address requirements
If you ever lose, or have your cards or cash stolen while abroad, we can give you emergency cash in any of our global branches.
- As an HSBC Advance customer, if you lose your cards or money while you're abroad, you can get emergency cash at any of our 7,000 plus global branches worldwide, subject to HSBC authorisation
- Simply identify yourself as an HSBC Advance customer to the team at your nearest branch and they will contact us here in the UK to authorise*8 your emergency cash transfer. As an HSBC Advance customer you will not incur any charge for this service*11
Make transfers between your globally linked HSBC accounts with no payment fees.*12
- You can transfer money to over 30 countries with a USD 200,000 (or currency equivalent) transfer limit. Some countries may have local limit restrictions. Please check our payment limits in Online Banking for more information
- Quick easy and secure way of sending funds overseas
- Global Transfers are available through Online Banking or via the HSBC Mobile Banking app
If you're living or working abroad for a significant amount of time, a local bank account could make things easier.
- With our international account opening service a new account along with your existing HSBC credit history can be ready and waiting for you when you arrive
- Available in over 20 countries including; Australia, France and Hong Kong
- This service is available for half the standard HSBC account opening fee for HSBC Advance customers
Fast and easy to use, our Online Banking lets you access your account 24 hours a day (subject to planned maintenance periods).
- Keep track of your money with online current account and Credit Card statements. Statements will be stored for up to six years from the statement date
- Transfer money between your accounts in just a few clicks
- Pay bills and make payments in the UK and overseas via our online service (please note, fees may apply to International Payments)
Send and receive payments securely using only a mobile number with . You'll be using the HSBC Mobile Banking app, so making a payment is fast and secure.
- Quickly, easily and securely send and receive money to any other Paym registered phone
- No need to share your account details with others
- Less need to carry cash or use cheques
- Subject to status and meeting HSBC's UK proof of address requirements
As a thank you for being an HSBC Advance customer, we'll give you access to a range of discounts for you and your family to enjoy.
To find out more please visit www.advancebenefits.co.uk
A range of online tools are available to provide you with a helpful snapshot of your current circumstances.
- Financial health check tool Use this tool to identify which areas of your finances are in good health and which may need further attention and discussion
- Planning your children's future Want your children to enjoy the best that life has to offer? We have a tool to help you work out what you could to do to give them a head start
*1Some cash machine operators may apply a direct charge for withdrawals from their cash machines. This will be advised at the time of the withdrawal
*2As compared to our Bank Account and Bank Account Pay Monthly.
All of these features are subject to status and meeting HSBC's UK proof of address requirements.
*3The fixed preferential rate of 5% AER/gross over 12 months is available to HSBC Advance customers, who open a new Regular Saver account. Save between £25 and £250 per month by standing order from your HSBC Advance Bank Account for a fixed term of 12 months. If you do not save £250 in any given month you can carry over any unused ubscription to following months. Interest is calculated on the daily cleared balance on your Regular Saver and we will pay this to your Regular Saver on the anniversary of the date your account was opened. For example, if you saved £250 every month for 12 months a total of £3000 will be paid in to your account during the 12 month term. At 5% you would earn approximately £81 interest (gross). Partial withdrawals are not allowed during the 12 month term. If you close your Regular Saver before the anniversary, we will pay interest at the same rate as we would apply to an equivalent amount held in a Flexible Saver. You can only hold one Regular Saver at any given time. AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate. This shows you what the gross rate would be if interest were paid and compounded each year. All credit interest will be paid gross. Gross is the rate of interest if interest were paid and not compounded each year.
*4Available up to 90% loan to value (LTV). Maximum loan size may apply. Applies to residential applications only.
*5Your cashback will be dependent on the loan not being paid off early or ended by us. You must be a HSBC Advance Customer at the time the loan is taken out. Interest cashback is offered on Personal Loans from £1,000 to £25,000, over 12 to 60 months. Our Personal Loans are subject to status and account conduct. Loan applicants must be UK, Channel Isles or Isle of Man resident aged 18+ and have an annual income/pension before tax of £10,000 or more. The rate you pay depends upon a credit assessment of your personal circumstances and the loan amount; this may differ from the rate advertised.
*6Subject to status and account conduct
*7You will need to identify yourself through our automated telephone service when calling 03457 404 404. Our telephone and Online Banking services are open 24 hours a day subject to scheduled maintenance periods. During busy periods calls may be transferred outside the UK. Textphone is not available in the Channel Islands and Isle of Man. To help us continually improve our service, and in the interests of security, we may monitor and/or record your calls with us.
*8Mobile operator charges may be applicable if using your mobile phone abroad
*9The HSBC Mobile Banking app is available at the time of writing on supported Apple, Android™ and BlackBerry®10 devices. For more information on the currently supported devices and operating systems requirements please see www.hsbc.co.uk/mobileapp. Depending on your operating system, you may not have access to all of the services provided within the HSBC Mobile Banking app. iPhone and iPad, are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the US and other countries. Android™ is a trademark of Google Inc. Amazon, Kindle, Fire and all related logos are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Blackberry® 10 is the trademark or registered trademark of BlackBerry Limited, the exclusive rights to which are expressly reserved. HSBC Bank plc is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or otherwise authorized by BlackBerry Limited. We will not charge you for downloading the app but you may receive charges from your network provider. If you are unsure of your current data charges, please contact your mobile phone contract provider. Please note that charges may vary if used overseas. For security purposes, you can only send bill payments to individuals or companies that you have recently made payments to through Online Banking. You must log in to Online Banking or contact telephone banking to set up payments for new recipients. Paym is not available on iPod touch 3rd generation or iPad 1st generation mobile digital devices. Paym is a registered trade mark of the Payments Council Limited and is used under licence. iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the US and other countries.
*10The HSBC Exchange rate will apply if your emergency cash transaction requires a currency exchange.
*11The HSBC Global Transfer exchange rate will apply to any transfer that requires a currency exchange.
*12Subject to meeting HSBC's proof of UK address requirements.