Stay on top of your money while you study
Open an account today
It's quick and easy to apply online.
What you'll get
- An arranged overdraft of up to £3,000Get up to £1,000 interest-free in year one, which can grow to £3,000 by year three. 2
- Smart mobile bankingPay your bills. Check your balance. Block your card if you lose it. You can do it all in a few taps with our Mobile Banking app.
- 24/7 customer supportGot a question? Get in touch. Call us 24 hours a day, any day of the year, and our customer service team will be happy to help. 3
- An easy way to pay matesNeed to split that taxi fare? You can do it easily in our app with Paym – all you need is your friend’s number.
What else is included?
Money off good stuff
With HSBC Student Exclusives you’ll get discounts on everything from clothes and cinema tickets to tech and takeaways. Offers vary, as we have new ones coming in all the time.
Access to savings accounts
Build up a nice little nest egg. As a Student Account customer you can open a Regular Saver and Loyalty ISA. So as well as working for your future, you can save for it too.
Things you should know
Charges and overdraftsExpanded press enter to collapse Collapsed press enter to expand
Important account documentsExpanded press enter to collapse Collapsed press enter to expand
Who can apply?
Have £100 on us
If you’re a first-year student and open a Student Bank Account by 31 December 2019, we’ll pop £100 in your account within 7 days. No catch, just cash.
How to apply
Apply in branch
What proof you'll need to bringExpanded press enter to collapse Collapsed press enter to expand
You might be interested in
Student Credit Card
Our student credit card could help you cover unexpected expenses and build a good credit score.
Making your money go further at uni
Find out how to budget like a pro – one of the most valuable skills you can learn.
Additional informationExpanded press enter to collapse Collapsed press enter to expand
2. Representative example (assumed arranged overdraft £1,000): 0% EAR variable. Subject to status and account conduct. Back to 'What you'll get'
3. Our telephone, online and mobile banking services are open 24 hours a day subject to scheduled maintenance periods. To help us offer the best service, we may monitor and/or record your calls with us. Back to 'What you'll get'
4. This offer is available to all HSBC UK current account customers. One British Cycling Fan Membership per customer, with the ability to upgrade to other membership options for an additional cost. You must activate your membership by 31 December 2019. Terms and conditions apply. Back to 'What else is included?'
5. EAR means effective annual rate. This is how all UK banks must show interest rates on their overdrafts, to make it easier for you to compare one bank’s overdraft with another. Please note that it doesn’t include any fees you might be charged in addition to interest. Back to 'Things you should know'