We're here to help
If you’re finding it difficult to make your payments and think you might miss a payment, we can help.
Missing a mortgage payment can affect your credit rating, and your financial options in the future, so it's really important to take action.
On this page, you'll find useful information, including our online income and expenditure form. It’s easy to use and once completed, it can help us find the best solution for your needs, quickly. Contacting us to find out your options will not affect your credit score.
Looking to reduce your mortgage payments?
If you're currently up to date with your mortgage payments but looking for ways to reduce these in the future, it's important you explore all the options available to you.
Already behind on your payments or can’t make your next one?
We're here to help you during what can be a difficult time. Together, we can find the solutions to suit you.
What options are available?
If you're worried about your payments, we may be able to help you.
This can include:
- switching your mortgage rate
- changing the date your monthly mortgage payment is due
- reducing or cancelling any mortgage overpayments
- paying only the interest on your mortgage for a 6-month period
- extending your mortgage term
Read our Cost of living article to see more about these options.
If you'd like to find out if you're eligible for any of these options, please contact us. Doing so won't affect your credit rating.
Call us on 0800 169 6333.
Lines are open:
Monday to Friday 08:00 to 20:00
Saturday and Sunday 09:00 to 17:00
Already missed your payments or can’t make your next one?
What you need to know
If you stop making repayments, it will impact your credit score which could mean:
- you get rejected for future credit applications
- your ability to get a mortgage in the future is affected
- the credit score of anyone who is financially associated with you could be impacted (for example through a joint bank account or credit account)
If you’re going through a difficult and stressful time, please contact us as soon as possible. We’ll try to take the pressure off and make managing your account a bit easier. We’ll talk through some options that could make your payments more manageable, or give you some room to breathe.
Fill in a simple income and expenditure form, as this helps us understand your financial position. You can do this online and it should only take 10 to 15 minutes. One of our team will get in touch with you once it's done.
You can call us on 0800 085 2482 or if you prefer you can use our Chat service. Our lines are open Monday to Friday 08:00 to 18:00 and on Saturday 08:00 to 16:00. Please have to hand your account details and information on your finances when you contact us.
What we'll talk about
We know talking about finances can be daunting. To help you prepare, we’ve outlined the types of things you can expect from the call. We'll:
- discuss your situation so we can understand any issues you’re experiencing
- ask you about your income and outgoings and any debts you may have
- explore potential solutions to your situation - for example, we’ll see if we can make changes to your mortgage, such as moving your payment date or extending your term
- provide independent contacts if you'd like more financial advice or support
Who else can help?
Here are some other organisations that can offer financial guidance or more help on how to tackle your debt:
Frequently asked questions
I have a joint mortgage but can’t speak to the other account holder. Can I still call for help?
Does missing a mortgage payment or agreeing a repayment plan affect my credit file?
Do I need to notify anyone if I'm worried about future payments?
Can I change the date of my mortgage payment?
Your property may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.