Do you need some extra money, and already hold a loan with us? You could apply online for further lending by either topping up your existing loan or applying for an additional loan.
- Existing customers can apply for further lending, and if approved, we will automatically consolidate your existing loan with the new loan to provide one monthly repayment. The APR of this new loan could be higher than the APR of your existing Personal Loan.
- The top up option may increase the total amount payable if your existing debt is repaid over a new extended term.
- The rate we offer could be higher than the representative APR advertised, and more than your existing loan APR. An approved rate will be subject to a credit check, and the loan amount you request.
- Keep your monthly repayments separate by applying for an additional loan to obtain the lending you require.
- The amount you choose to borrow is dependent on your credit status.
Features and benefits
You can either apply for an additional loan meaning you will have separate loans and separate payments, or you can choose to top up your existing loan, where we will use the new money to consolidate your existing loan into one monthly repayment.
Get a quick decision
As an HSBC current account customer, you could get an instant credit decision.
Quick access to funds
Existing HSBC current account customers could receive the money instantly once the application has been approved.
For loans between £7,000 and £15,000.
*The rate is subject to change and the representative APR may not be the rate you'll receive. We'll offer you a rate based on our assessment of your personal financial circumstances. The maximum APR you could be offered is 21.9%.
The APR may vary based on amount borrowed. Please use the calculator or the loans interest rate table (PDF, 57KB) for more details.
APR (annual percentage rate) varies according to the size of the loan. The amount you want to borrow might be close to one of the points where the APR changes. See full details of our Personal Loan interest rates (PDF, 29KB).
Apply for a Personal Loan
Please ensure you read the important information in the 'Things you should know' section before applying.
Please log on to your account for the quickest and easiest way to apply.
Apply in the mobile app
If you're registered for mobile banking, have downloaded the app and have an HSBC current account, you can apply within the app in just a few clicks.