Do you need to take out some extra borrowing, and already hold a loan with us? You could apply online to either top up your existing loan, or apply for an additional loan.
Topping up your loan
Existing customers can apply for further lending, and if approved, we'll automatically consolidate your existing loan with the new loan to provide one monthly repayment. The APR of this new loan could be higher than the APR of your existing Personal Loan.
The top up option may increase the total amount payable if your existing debt is repaid over a new extended term. The rate we offer could be higher than the representative APR advertised, and more than your existing loan APR. An approved rate will be subject to a credit check, and the loan amount you request.
Keep your monthly repayments separate by applying for an additional loan to obtain the lending you require. The amount you choose to borrow is dependent on your credit status.
Calculate your additional loan repayments
Use the sliders to adjust how much you’d like to borrow and over how many months.
You might be able to reduce your monthly repayments, and total amount payable by slightly adjusting the amount you borrow.
This is for your additional loan only. If you're choosing to top up your existing loan, it won't take into account your existing borrowing.
You can see this information when you apply through online banking.
APR (annual percentage rate) varies according to the size of the loan. The amount you want to borrow might be close to one of the points where the APR changes. See full details of our Personal Loan interest rates (PDF, 47KB).
Why get a Top Up Loan with us?
- Borrow from £1,000 to £25,000You can either apply for an additional loan meaning you'll have separate loans and separate payments, or you can choose to top up your existing loan, where we consolidate your existing loan into one monthly repayment.
- Get a quick decisionAs an HSBC current account holder, you could get an instant credit decision.
- Quick access to fundsExisting HSBC current account holders can receive their money instantly once the application has been approved and the loan agreement has been signed.
- Make overpayments free of chargeManage your finances the way you want with the flexibility to overpay, which could reduce the amount of interest you have to pay.
Who can apply?
You can apply if you:
- are over 18 and a resident of the UK
- have an annual income/pension before tax of £10,000 or more
- have a bank or building society account with a Direct Debit facility
Not available for customers with a Basic Bank Account.
For joint loan applications, please call us on 03457 404 404. Joint loans are not available online or in the HSBC Mobile Banking app.
Our loans are subject to status.
What you can't use your loan for
We don't offer Personal Loans for a number of purposes including:
- the purchase of property or land (both UK & Overseas) including holiday homes and apartments
- purchasing a joint stake in a property or buying out a joint owner
- mortgage deposit (regardless of lender or country)
- gifting funds to third parties to support the purchase of a property, including mortgage deposit, stamp duty and solicitors fees
- business purposes
Our credit facilities
Ready to apply for a Top Up Loan?
On your mobile device? If you've downloaded our app and have an HSBC current account, you can apply now by selecting 'Apply in app'.
If you're on a desktop, scan the QR code with your mobile device.
More ways to apply
Apply in browser
Standards of Lending Practice
HSBC adheres to the standards of lending practice guidelines.