Your next step now is to get a Decision in Principle which will give you an estimate of the amount you may be able to borrow based on your individual circumstances, expenditure and property details.
- A Decision in Principle will give you an indication of the amount you may be able to borrow, and will have no impact on your credit score. This won’t be seen in searches by other companies.
- It is useful to have if you’re house hunting, to show estate agents that you’re serious about buying a property.
- It does not commit you to apply for a HSBC mortgage.
You can get a Decision in Principle in three ways:
Getting a Decision in Principle online now
After receiving your Decision in Principle you can choose to receive mortgage advice or, if you already know which mortgage you wish to apply for, you can complete your application entirely online, however, you will not receive advice
Are you applying online as:
- A new mortgage customer
- An existing customer who is not registered for online banking
- Existing customer who is registered for online banking
Think carefully before securing other debts against your home.
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.
You might be interested in
This calculator allows you to compare our mortgage options to help you decide which one may be right for you
Buy your first home
Ready for your first step on the property ladder? Don’t worry - we’ll be with you all the way
Move your mortgage to us
If your mortgage is with another lender, you can easily move it to one of our competitive mortgage rates
Buy a property to let
Looking to buy a property to let or expanding your property portfolio, we have a range of buy to let mortgages for you
† Lines open Monday to Saturday 08:00 – 20:00, Sunday 09:00 – 18:00. Calls may be monitored and recorded. Opening hours within the mortgage departments may vary.