Apply for an account
You'll need your parent or guardian when you're ready to apply.
At a glance
- Choose the account that suits you bestPick from our MySavings savings account, our MyAccount current account, or both (which accounts are available depends on how old you are).
- Start building good money habitsHaving your own bank account is a great way to learn about managing money.
- Manage your account the easy wayFrom the age of 11 you’ll be able to use online, mobile and phone banking to check your balance and send money between your savings account and current account. 1
- Only spend what you haveYou can only use the money that’s in your account. So you don’t need to worry about spending more than you have available. 2
Take a closer look
A straightforward savings account you can open with as little as £10. You'll earn interest on your savings every month, so you can watch your money grow.
Available for customers aged 7 to 17 years old.
Our current account designed especially for young people. It comes with a contactless Visa debit card, which means you can shop online and in stores. 3 And you can also withdraw up to £100 in cash from any ATM, as long as you have money in your account.
Available for customers aged 11 to 17 years old.
Things you should know
Other account information
Important account documents
Ways to apply
Already have a current account?
Find out how to make your current account work harder. Access discounts, overdrafts, and savings accounts with preferential rates. There’s something for everyone.
1. Subject to planned maintenance periods. Automated telephone banking service is available 24/7. Back to 'Other account information'
2. Very occasionally, we may have no option but to allow a payment to leave your MyAccount despite a lack of funds. You won’t have to pay any interest or charges if this happens. Back to 'At a glance'
3. If for any reason you or your parent or guardian doesn’t want a Visa debit card, please get in touch with us and we can stop one from being sent to. Back to MyAccount