Making it easy to look after your money
Open your account
Applying for your account is simple.
At a glance
- Choose the account that suits you bestPick from our MySavings savings account, our MyAccount current account, or both (which accounts are available depends on how old you are).
- Start building good money habitsHaving your own bank account is a great way to learn about managing money.
- Manage your account the easy wayFrom the age of 11 you’ll be able to use online, mobile and phone banking to check your balance and send money between your savings account and current account. 2
- Only spend what you haveYou can only use the money that’s in your account. So you don’t need to worry about spending more than you have available. 1
Take a closer look
A straightforward savings account you can open with as little as £10. You’ll earn interest on your savings every month. And if you’re aged 7-10, you’ll also receive a free moneybox when you open your account.
Available for customers aged 7 to 17 years old.
Our current account designed especially for young people. It comes with a contactless Visa debit card, which means you can shop online and in stores. 4 And you can also withdraw up to £100 in cash from any ATM, as long as you have money in your account.
Available for customers aged 11 to 17 years old.
Things you should know
Other account informationExpanded press enter to collapse Collapsed press enter to expand
Important account documentsExpanded press enter to collapse Collapsed press enter to expand
Who can apply?
You can apply for one of our children's accounts if:
- you’re 7-17 years old if applying for MySavings (or 11-17 if applying for MyAccount)
- you’re a UK resident
- (if your parent or guardian already banks with us) you can give proof of your identity
- (if your parent or guardian doesn't bank with us) you and your parents can provide proof of identity and address
Apply in branch
Services in our branches and contact centres are currently limited because of the coronavirus outbreak. Unfortunately we are unable to offer new products in branches or contact centres, or set up appointments at the moment.
If you’ve applied for a new account online recently, please allow extra time for your application to be processed as the queues are longer than usual – no need to call us, we’ll let you know when it’s ready to use.
We’re also receiving far more calls than usual, so our wait times are longer. Please check the information on our dedicated coronavirus hub page, which is updated regularly. Please only call us if it’s urgent, so we can help those most in need.
Additional informationExpanded press enter to collapse Collapsed press enter to expand
1. Very occasionally we may have no option but to allow a payment, despite a lack of funds, to leave your MyAccount. We won’t charge you any interest or charges if this happens. Back to 'At a glance'
2. Subject to planned maintenance periods. Automated telephone banking service is available 24/7. Back to 'Other account information'
3. Offer available to all HSBC UK current account customers (including HSBC UK MyAccount customers) – one British Cycling Fan Membership per customer worth £24 with ability to upgrade to other membership options at additional cost. To redeem the offer, membership must be activated by 31 December 2019. T&Cs apply. Find out more Back to 'At at glance'
4. If for any reason you or your parent or guardian does not want a Visa debit card, then please get in touch with us and we can stop one from being sent out to you. Back to reading position