We're giving our Global Money Account customers our best Indian rupee exchange rates to celebrate Diwali
Apply for a Global Money Account and get exclusive Indian rupee rates between 1 and 30 November inclusive. Eligibility criteria apply.
An easy, quick way to send and receive money worldwide
Global Money Account
Make international payments via the HSBC UK Mobile Banking app with a Global Money Account with no HSBC fees.
- No HSBC fees for sending money abroad
- Send up to £50,000 (or the currency equivalent) through the app.
- Live exchange rates during market hours so you know exactly how much you're sending.
- Extra benefits like the ability to hold and convert money in multiple currencies and a multi-currency debit card at no extra cost
International payments in online banking
Make international payments 24/7 in online banking to over 150 different destinations. Fees may apply if using this option.
- Send up to £50,000 (or the currency equivalent) online, and up to £10,000 (or the currency equivalent) over the phone (£10 million if you're a Premier customer)
- Make payments in local currency with real-time rates during market hours, so you know exactly how much you're sending and receiving
- Send money without any HSBC fees when you transfer to another HSBC account or when you pay in euros to somewhere in the European Economic Area (EEA)1
- If you're sending money in any currency outside the EEA, or to somewhere in the EEA in a currency other than euros, pay a £5 HSBC fee. This fees does not apply if you use a Global Money account instead.
- You will also be able to receive money into your UK accounts via international payments.
How do international payments work?
What details do you need to transfer money internationally?
What you need to receive money from outside the UK
How to send money outside the UK
How to set up and cancel recurring or future payments
What is the difference between International Payments, Global Transfers and Global Money?
What is an intermediary bank?
Can an international payment be rejected?
Can I track my international payment?
How much does it cost to transfer money internationally?
Sending money outside the UK
Receiving money outside the UK
Make international payments online
Global Money Account
Log on to the mobile app to open a Global Money Account and start sending money abroad.
If you already have a Global Money Account, log on to the app, select 'Pay or transfer' and then 'Send money internationally' from the Global Money menu.
International Payments through Online Banking
If you don't wish to use Global Money, you can also send money abroad through online banking. Fees may apply.
Not registered yet?
You might also be interested in
How to open an account overseas
Need to make regular international payments? If you're moving outside the UK, we'll help you open an account in your destination.
HSBC Currency Account
Send, store and receive up to 14 foreign currencies easily with our multi-currency holding account.
1. Countries within the EEA include Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Iceland, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Norway, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Slovakia, Slovenia and Sweden.