If your current fixed rate mortgage is coming to an end, or you're on the HSBC standard variable rate or HSBC Buy to Let standard variable rate, we can help you switch to a new HSBC mortgage rate.
Why should you consider switching your rate?
- You could save money by switching to another rate compared to our standard variable rate
- You can agree your mortgage rate up to 12 weeks before your current rate ends
- We won't need to check your credit rating as you're an existing mortgage customer
- No valuations are required
- No legal work is required.
What happens if I don't switch my mortgage rate?
If you're on a HSBC fixed rate which is ending soon, you'll be moved onto the HSBC standard variable rate for residential mortgages or HSBC Buy to Let standard variable rate for Buy to Let mortgages. Details of this can be found on your mortgage Offer document.
- Your mortgage payments will be variable so these could go up or down
- You'll be able to make unlimited overpayments
- You could pay off your mortgage early without any Early Repayment Charges.
How to apply for a rate switch
To switch your rate online, you need to be registered for online banking. If you are not registered for online banking, you can register now
- If you are switching a rate and making no other changes, once you have logged into online banking, select your mortgage account, click 'Manage' and then select 'Change my rate only'.
- If you are switching a rate and you would like to make other changes at the same (e.g. changing your term, requesting additional borrowing, changing your repayment type) once you have logged into online banking, select your mortgage account, click 'Manage' and then select 'Make other changes'.
Consider this option if:
- you don’t need advice in relation to the mortgage rate you wish to apply for and are comfortable choosing a new mortgage deal
- your current Loan to Value (LTV) does not exceed 90% - the LTV is your mortgage balance as a proportion of the value of your home
- you are not switching a Buy to Let mortgage.
Speak to us
Consider this option if:
- you need advice from one of our Mortgage Advisors in relation to the mortgage you wish to apply for
- you don't need advice but would like us to complete your application for you
- your current Loan to Value (LTV) exceeds 90% - the LTV is your mortgage balance as a proportion of the value of your home
- you have a Buy to Let mortgage.
Call us on 0800 1696333
Think carefully before securing other debts against your home.
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.
† Lines open Monday to Friday 8am - 9pm, Saturday 8am - 8pm, Sunday 9am - 6pm. Calls may be monitored and recorded. Opening hours within the mortgage departments may vary.