Switch with us and you'll get rates just for you
- Dedicated ratesWhen it's time to switch, we've got mortgage rates just for our existing mortgage customers.
- Get a new deal quicklyAs you're already with us, it's quicker to switch rates – it can often take between 4 to 8 weeks to move to another lender.
- Choose your rate in advanceSelect your mortgage rate up to 180 days before your current rate comes to an end, without paying an early repayment charge.
- No credit check or full applicationWe don't need to check your eligibility or credit rating.
- Hassle-free property valuationWe’ll complete a digital valuation of your property.
- You don't need a solicitorSwitch your rate with us and you won't need a solicitor, but you will if you move lender.
Think carefully before securing other debts against your home.
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.
How to switch your rate
1. Get ready to switch
We’ll send you reminders when your rate is due to end. You could choose a new deal up to 180 days before, or switch at any time subject to any early repayment charges.
2. Choose a rate
Take a look at the latest rates for our mortgage customers, and you'll find a selection available to you, based on your mortgage balance and property value. Then, choose one to switch to.
Got a question?
You’ll find lots of answers in our frequently asked questions section FAQS.
If you can’t find what you need here, the best way to get the answer you need is to use our chat service. This is available from 08:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday.
Is your borrowing in joint names?
Already started a rate switch?
1. Switch your rate
2. Initial discussion
3. Advice for switching your rate
Watch a video to help you switch
Introduction to switching rates
What happens if you choose not to switch
If you don't switch rates when your current HSBC fixed-rate or 2-year tracker mortgage comes to an end, you'll be automatically moved onto our Standard Variable Rate.
This rate is variable and can change. This means your monthly payments could go up or down at any time.
Discover more about the types of mortgages we offer.