Convenient everyday banking
Switch to us
Get £75 when you switch to a Bank Account using the Current Account Switch Service within 30 days. Offer is only open to new customers who haven’t held an HSBC current account on or after 1 January 2017. We may withdraw the offer at any time. Terms and conditions apply.1
- Manage your money when you wantOur phone, online and mobile banking services are there for you 24 hours a day, every day of the year. 2
- Withdraw up to £300 a dayGet hold of your money when you need it.
- You can apply for one when you open your account, giving you a handy safety net in case you ever need it. Overdrafts are subject to status.
- Get help day or nightIf you need a hand we're always here to help. Online, on our app, by phone and in branch. 2
- Pay bills and friends with easeSet up new payees, standing orders and direct debits in moments with our app.
Take a closer look
Help your money work a little harder. As a Bank Account customer you can open a Regular Saver account. Earn 2.75% AER/gross, helping you build a nice little nest egg. 4
Things you should know
Charges and overdraftsExpanded press enter to collapse Collapsed press enter to expand
Important account documentsExpanded press enter to collapse Collapsed press enter to expand
Who can apply?
You can apply for an HSBC Bank Account if you:
- are 18 or older and a UK or EU resident
- are happy for us to do a credit check against your name (if you live in the UK)
- can provide ID and proof of address if needed
Apply in branch
Call to book an appointmentExpanded press enter to collapse Collapsed press enter to expand
Manage your overdraft
Find out how to apply for a new overdraft or manage your current overdraft limit.
Use your card abroad
If you’re heading off on your travels, don’t forget to pack your HSBC debit card.
You might be interested in
Additional informationExpanded press enter to collapse Collapsed press enter to expand
1. Receive £75 when you switch using the Current Account Switch Service within 30 days of account opening with two or more standing orders / Direct Debits. Offer available to new customers only who have not held an HSBC current account on or after 1 January 2017. Offer may be withdrawn at any time. UK residents only. Further offer and account T&Cs apply.
2. Our telephone, online and mobile banking services are open 24 hours a day subject to scheduled maintenance periods. To help us offer the best service, we may monitor and/or record your calls with us. Back to 'At a glance'
3. Our mobile banking app is currently available on iPhones and iPads with an operating system of iOS 10.3 or higher and Android devices with an operating system of 5.0 or higher. Back to 'Easy mobile banking'
4. The fixed rate of 2.75% AER/gross over 12 months is available to HSBC Bank Account customers who open a new Regular Saver account. Save between £25 and £250 per month by standing order from your HSBC Bank Account for a fixed term of 12 months. If you do not save £250 in any given month you can carry over any unused subscription to following months. Interest is calculated on the daily balance on your Regular Saver and we’ll pay this into your Regular Saver on the anniversary of your account being opened. For example, if you saved £250 every month for 12 months a total of £3000 will be paid in to your account during the 12 month term. At 2.75% you would earn approximately £44 interest (gross). Partial withdrawals are not allowed during the 12 month term. If you close your Regular Saver before the anniversary, we’ll pay interest at the same rate as we would apply to an equivalent amount held in our Flexible Saver account. You can only hold one Regular Saver account at any time. AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate. This shows what the gross rate would be if interest was paid and compounded each year. All credit interest will be paid gross. Gross is the rate of interest if interest were paid and not compounded each year. Back to 'Overdraft charges'