Access the world with one account
Making an international payment this Lantern Festival?
Celebrate this year's festival by using our great rates on Hong Kong dollars and China yuan renminbi to make your international payments.
There are no HSBC fees applicable if you are using a Global Money Account. If you are making payments from a non-Global Money account, it's no extra cost to send money from HSBC to HSBC and to another bank if it's in euros and within the EEA. Otherwise, it's £5 to any other bank if you send money online. This applies to recurring and future-dated payments too. T&Cs and eligibility criteria apply for the Global Money account and International payments service.
Here's what you get with a Global Money Account
Send money internationally without any HSBC or intermediary fees
- Send money abroad via the HSBC UK Mobile Banking app with a Global Money Account with no HSBC or intermediary bank fees
- Send money free from HSBC fees in more than 50 currencies to 200 countries and regions with Global Money transfers. You can also hold up to 18 currencies securely to use at any time
- Live exchange rates during market hours so you know exactly how much you're sending
- Send up to GBP50,000 per day (or currency equivalent)
- See the estimated arrival time on screen when you send a payment
More than just a travel money card
- Order your Global Money multi-currency debit card when you apply at no extra cost and add it immediately to your digital wallet. It can be used at home, abroad and online
- With your Global Money debit card, you can spend or withdraw cash with no HSBC fees. Check for other non-HSBC charges, for example when using cash machines
- Use your card abroad and spend like a local. We'll debit the payment from your currency balance if funds are available. If not, or if the transaction is in a currency you can't hold a balance in, we'll debit your GBP balance
HSBC UK's best exchange rates
- Benefit straight away from our competitive live exchange rates
- You can view these rates in the HSBC UK Mobile Banking app before you convert
- You can add or convert currency at any time, storing it until you need it. Convert on the go or when the rate is right for you
- When you're using your card abroad and have the funds in the currency balance you are spending in, there won't be a conversion
- If there aren't enough funds in the right currency balance, but you have funds in GBP and spend in one of the currencies you can hold with us, the conversion will be done using the HSBC Global Money Exchange Rate. Any other currencies will be converted using the VISA exchange rate