If you’ve got debt in various places, including credit cards and loans, a debt consolidation loan could help you bring it all together, potentially saving you money and making it easier to manage with a single monthly repayment.
Tell us how much you want to consolidate and how quickly you want to pay it off and, if you’re an existing HSBC customer, we could give you an instant decision.
Features and benefits
- Quick access to fundsExisting HSBC current account customers could receive the money instantly once the application has been approved and the loan agreement has been signed. Non-HSBC current account customers could receive the money into a nominated account 3 working days after the signed loan agreement is received.
- Borrow from £1,000 to £25,000Spread your repayments over 1 to 5 years for loans of £15,000 or less, or up to 8 years for loans over £15,000.
- Make overpayments free of chargeMake overpayments, or settle in full, at any time without penalty. This may reduce the amount of interest you pay and there won’t be hidden extras or nasty surprises.
3.3% APR* representative
For loans between £7,000 and £15,000. Now also available to non-HSBC current account customers.
*The rate is subject to change and the representative APR may not be the rate you'll receive. We'll offer you a rate based on our assessment of your personal financial circumstances. The maximum APR you could be offered is 21.9%.
The APR may vary based on amount borrowed. Please use the calculator or the loans interest rate table (PDF,57KB) for more details.
Keep in mind
- If you are considering applying for a loan to pay off or reduce existing loan(s)/debts (including combining these into a single loan), it's important to consider not just the interest rate and monthly repayments, but also the term of the new loan compared to the remaining term of your existing loans/debts.
- Spreading your payments over a longer term means you could end up paying more overall than under your existing arrangements, even if the interest rate on this new loan is less than the rates you are currently paying.
Apply for a Personal Loan
Please ensure you read the important information in the 'Things you should know' section before applying.
Services in our branches and contact centres are currently limited because of the coronavirus outbreak. Unfortunately we are unable to offer new products in branches or contact centres, or set up appointments at the moment.
If you’ve applied for a new account online recently, please allow extra time for your application to be processed as the queues are longer than usual – no need to call us, we’ll let you know when it’s ready to use.
We’re also receiving far more calls than usual, so our wait times are longer. Please check the information on our dedicated coronavirus hub page, which is updated regularly. Please only call us if it’s urgent, so we can help those most in need.
Please log on to your account for the quickest and easiest way to apply.
New to HSBC
Get a Personalised Loan Quote to see the interest rate you may be offered.
Apply in the mobile app
If you're registered for mobile banking, have downloaded the app and have an HSBC current account, you can apply within the app in just a few clicks.