Get the most out of your property with a home improvement loan
- Quick credit decision and instant access to funds (after signed loan agreement is received) for HSBC current account customers
- Make overpayments free of charge
- No arrangement fee
Why get a Home Improvement Loan with us?
- Borrow from £1,000 to £25,000, or up to £50,000 for HSBC Premier account holdersAlways know what you'll have to pay with fixed monthly repayments spread over 1 to 5 years for loans of £15,000 or less, or over 1 to 8 years for loans over £15,000.
- Get a quick decisionIf you've got an HSBC current account you can get an instant credit decision, while non-HSBC current account customers should get a credit decision in 2 to 5 working days.
- Quick access to fundsExisting HSBC current account customers could receive the money instantly once your application has been approved and the loan agreement has been signed. Non-HSBC current account customers could receive the money into a nominated account 3 working days after the signed loan agreement is received.
- Make overpayments at no extra costManage your finances the way you want with the flexibility to overpay, which could reduce the amount of interest you have to pay.
Who can apply?
You can apply if you:
- are over 18 and a resident of the UK
- have an annual UK taxable income or pension, before tax, of £10,000 or more
- have a bank or building society account with a Direct Debit facility
Not available for customers with a Basic Bank Account.
For joint loan applications, please call us on 03457 404 404. Joint loans are not available online or in the HSBC Mobile Banking app.
Our loans are subject to status.
What you can't use your loan for
We don't offer Personal Loans for a number of purposes including:
- the purchase of property or land (both UK & Overseas) including holiday homes and apartments
- purchasing a joint stake in a property or buying out a joint owner
- mortgage deposit (regardless of lender or country)
- gifting funds to third parties to support the purchase of a property, including mortgage deposit, stamp duty and solicitors fees
- business purposes
Our credit facilities
Frequently asked questions
Ready to apply for a Home Improvement Loan?
On your mobile device? If you've downloaded our app and have an HSBC current account, you can apply now by selecting 'Apply in app'.
If you're on a desktop, scan the QR code with your mobile device.
New to HSBC?
More ways to apply
Apply in browser
Standards of Lending Practice
HSBC adheres to the standards of lending practice guidelines.