HSBC Insurance Aspects is currently not available for new customers to purchase. This information is for HSBC Advance customers who already hold an Insurance Aspects policy for:
- worldwide travel insurance (for eligible customers aged under 70)
- 24-hour motor breakdown assistance
- mobile phone insurance
If you already have an Insurance Aspects policy with us, find out how you can make a claim.
Your worldwide travel insurance includes:
Baggage cover for loss, theft or damage to your personal belongings.
Up to £10 million of medical cover for emergency medical treatment and associated expenses.
Cover if you miss your pre-booked transport or your pre-booked transport is delayed for at least 12 hours.
- Up to £5,000 of cover for cancelling or coming home early - refund of unrecoverable travel and accommodation costs if you're forced to cancel or cut short your trip. Includes cover for if your transport or accommodation provider or booking agent becomes insolvent or you can't travel or continue your trip because of a terrorist attack.
Up to 31 days of winter sports cover for loss, theft or damage to winter sports equipment. Also includes additional benefits for delays due to avalanche, ski pack, piste closures or injury or illness which prevents you from taking part in winter sports activities.
Add optional upgrades for extended trip duration and increased cancellation cover.
You must be registered with a doctor in the UK in order to make any medical claims, or claims for cancellation or coming home early due to medical emergencies.
Worldwide travel insurance is provided by Aviva Insurance Limited. If you need to prove you have Travel Insurance, you can ask Aviva for confirmation of cover.
For the latest coronavirus travel guidance, see what’s covered under HSBC Travel Insurance.
Declaring medical conditions before travelling
Travel policy documents
Do I need to notify you to use my HSBC UK debit or credit card outside the UK?
Mobile phone insurance
Your mobile phone insurance is for contract and pay-as-you-go phones you own. It includes:
- Worldwide cover for your mobile phone against loss, theft, breakdown (outside of warranty) or accidental damage.
- no upper claim value limit
- excess payable of £50 for repair, £75 for replacement.
- Up to 2 claims per HSBC Insurance Aspects holder per policy year.
- Claims are settled by repairing or replacing the phone. Replacement phones are refurbished models.
Mobile phone insurance is underwritten by Aviva Insurance Limited. While Aviva will be the insurer of this policy and will remain liable to you under the terms and conditions of this policy, it will use Likewize as its agent to help administer your policy and deal with claims.
Register your mobile phone
Mobile phone policy documents
24-hour motor breakdown assistance
Your motor breakdown assistance includes:
- Cover for you as a driver or passenger of any eligible vehicle for breakdowns which occur at your home address or on the road in the UK.
- Up to 5 call outs per year per account holder.
- In some circumstances you may need to pay for a service that is covered under your policy yourself, such as a taxi, and claim this back from the RAC as stated in your policy terms and conditions. To do so, please submit the RAC Reimbursement form within 90 days of your breakdown.
HSBC Insurance Aspects Motor Breakdown Assistance is provided by RAC Motoring Services and administered by Aviva Insurance Limited.