More than just a bank account
Switch to us
Get £175 when you switch to a Premier Bank account using the Current Account Switch Service within 30 days. Offer is only open to new customers who haven’t held an HSBC current account on or after 1 January 2017. We may withdraw the offer at any time. Terms and conditions apply.1
At a glance
- Enjoy preferential terms on mortgages and savingsSave money on your mortgage with preferential terms for you, your children and grandchildren. Plus, earn 2.75% AER/Gross on your savings with access to our Regular Saver. 3
- Stay on top of your global accountsIf you have HSBC accounts in other countries you can manage them all online, plus you can make fee-free transfers between them in minutes.
The first £500 of your arranged overdraft is interest-free, and it’s just 11.9% EAR above that. Overdrafts are subject to status.
Overdraft representative example: 0% EAR variable on the first £500 and 11.9% EAR on the rest (assumed overdraft £1,200).
- Get it all for no monthly feeExperience all the benefits of a premium account without having to pay for the pleasure.
Premier credit cards
Discover a world of travel benefits and rewards. As a Premier customer you’ll have exclusive access to a choice of 2 credit cards, both of which give you reward points when you spend, discounted airport lounge access – and more besides.
Representative example: 59.3% APR (variable) representative on an assumed credit limit of £1,200.
Exclusive benefits for your family
Your Premier account gives your loved ones access to a wealth of benefits, too. Your complimentary travel insurance covers your partner, children and grandchildren. You, your children and any grandchildren will also have access to preferential mortgage terms. And that’s not all.
Support for you
Our team of experts are there to help you to manage your banking and finances. Our aim is to meet your personal needs so you can make the most of HSBC Premier. You can also get HSBC Premier Financial Advice to help you make the right choices when planning for the future. Fees and eligibility criteria also apply for our financial advice service.
Things you should know
Charges and overdraftsExpanded press enter to collapse Collapsed press enter to expand
Arranged overdrafts and unarranged overdrafts
An overdraft lets you borrow money on your current account. An arranged overdraft is where we agree an overdraft limit with you. This can help in months when you have extra expenses.
An unarranged overdraft is when you make a payment that takes your account over your arranged limit or overdrawn when you don’t have an arranged overdraft in place.
We’ll always consider an unarranged request and make the payment if we can. Unarranged overdrafts may incur higher fees and result in declined transactions. We report account activity, including overdraft usage, to credit reference agencies. An unarranged overdraft lasting more than 30 days could have a negative impact on your credit rating.
Overdrafts are not suitable for long-term borrowing and usually result in interest and other fees.
If you take an arranged overdraft, you can later ask us to increase, reduce or remove your limit at any time online, by phone or in a branch.
If you end your overdraft you’ll have to repay any overdrawn amount and any interest owed. If you want to reduce your limit, you’ll first need to make sure you bring your borrowing down within the new limit.
To find out more, visit our overdrafts page where you can find out if you’re eligible and overdraft cost calculator.
If you have an arranged overdraft, the first £500 is interest free. Anything you borrow above that will be charged interest at 11.9% EAR variable. 4
If you go into an unarranged overdraft, the amount you borrow will be charged at 11.9% EAR variable.
Representative example: 0% EAR variable on the first £500 and 11.9% EAR on the rest (assumed overdraft £1,200).
At present you don’t have to pay any monthly charges for using your Premier Bank Account overdraft, even if you go above your arranged overdraft limit.
Overdrafts are subject to status.
Overdrafts text alerts
We’ll send you overdraft text alerts if you’ve used or are due to use an arranged or unarranged overdraft on your account. This is to help you monitor your usage and let you know what action you can take to avoid interest and fees.
If you don't provide your UK mobile number or let us know when you've changed it, we won't be able to send you these text alerts.
You can opt out of the arranged or unarranged texts at any time by phone, or by going into a branch.
Charges for using your debit card abroad
If you pay for something or withdraw money using your HSBC Visa debit card while you're outside the UK, you'll need to pay a 'non-sterling transaction fee' of 2.75%. So, for example, if you spent or took out £100, you'd be charged a fee of £2.75.
Any transactions you make will be converted into pound sterling (unless you choose to pay in local currency). To make sure your exchange rate is as competitive as possible, you’ll pay the exchange rate set by Visa.
Important account documentsExpanded press enter to collapse Collapsed press enter to expand
Other account informationExpanded press enter to collapse Collapsed press enter to expand
Who can apply?
1. Income and product
Have an individual annual income of at least £75,000 and 1 of the following with HSBC UK: a mortgage, an investment, life insurance or a protection product.
2. Savings or investments
Have savings or investments of at least £50,000 with HSBC UK, within 6 months of opening your account.
3. International Premier
Hold and qualify for HSBC Premier in another country.
New to HSBC?
Already a customer?
Apply in branch or by phoneExpanded press enter to collapse Collapsed press enter to expand
Premier Worldwide Travel Insurance
Planning a trip? Take a look at what’s covered by your complimentary travel cover
Manage your overdraft
Find out how to apply for a new overdraft or manage your current overdraft limit.
Additional informationExpanded press enter to collapse Collapsed press enter to expand
1. Receive £175 when you switch using the Current Account Switch Service within 30 days of account opening with two or more standing orders / Direct Debits. Offer available to new customers only who have not held an HSBC current account on or after 1 January 2017. Offer may be withdrawn at any time. UK residents only. Further offer and account T&Cs apply.
2. Premier Worldwide Travel Insurance is provided by Aviva and is available to Premier account holders. You must be under 70 years of age when the trip begins. Children/grandchildren must be under 18 when the trip begins (or under 23 if in full-time education). See full eligibility criteria
3. The fixed rate of 2.75% AER/gross over 12 months is available to HSBC Premier customers, who open a new Regular Saver account. Save between £25 and £250 per month by standing order from your HSBC Premier Bank Account for a fixed term of 12 months. If you do not save £250 in any given month you can carry over any unused subscription to following months. Interest is calculated on the daily cleared balance on your Regular Saver and we will pay this to your Regular Saver on the anniversary of the date your account was opened. For example, if you saved £250 every month for 12 months a total of £3000 will be paid in to your account during the 12 month term. At 2.75% you would earn approximately £44 interest (gross). Partial withdrawals are not allowed during the 12 month term. If you close your Regular Saver before the anniversary, we will pay interest at the same rate as we would apply to an equivalent amount held in a Flexible Saver. You can only hold one Regular Saver at any given time. AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate. This shows you what the gross rate would be if interest were paid and compounded each year. All credit interest will be paid gross. Gross is the rate of interest if interest were paid and not compounded each year. Back to 'At a glance'
4. EAR means effective annual rate. This is how all UK banks must show interest rates on their overdrafts, to make it easier for you to compare one bank’s overdraft with another. Please note that it doesn’t include any fees you might be charged in addition to interest. Back to 'Charges and overdrafts'
5. This offer is available to all HSBC UK current account customers. One British Cycling Fan membership per customer, with the ability to upgrade to other membership options for an additional cost. You must activate your membership by 31 December 2019. Terms and conditions apply. Back to 'Other account information'