Student Credit Card
Based on an assumed credit limit of
About this card
- Earn cashback from your favourite shopping brandsWith Visa offers
- Up to £500 credit available
- No annual fee
Using your card
- Manage your card onlineOnline banking is a convenient way to manage your card. It lets you check your credit card balance, make payments and stay in control.
- Bank anywhere with the HSBC Mobile Banking AppMake payments to existing beneficiaries and manage your personal accounts easily and securely with the HSBC UK Mobile Banking app.
- Use your card abroad
You can use your HSBC Credit Card at any retailer or cash machine that displays the logo on your card. Fees apply and non-HSBC cash machines may also charge a fee.
- 24/7 worldwide assistanceDay or night, help is always at hand if your card is lost or stolen. Wherever you are in the world you can speak to our dedicated team about getting an emergency cash advance.
Apply for a Student Credit Card
Services in our branches are currently limited because of the coronavirus outbreak. Unfortunately we are unable to offer new products or set up appointments at the moment.
We’re also receiving far more calls than usual, so our wait times are longer. Please only call us if it’s urgent, so we can help those most in need.
Are you eligible?Expanded press enter to collapse Collapsed press enter to expand
Please ensure you read the important information in the ‘Things you should know’ section before applying.
Registered for online banking?
If you’re already registered for Online Banking, you can apply online now.
View your pre-filled application form, submit in just one click, and receive an instant decision.
Apply in the mobile app
If you're registered for mobile banking and have downloaded the app you can apply within the app in just a few clicks.
Not registered yet?
You need to be registered for online banking to apply.
Apply in branchExpanded press enter to collapse Collapsed press enter to expand
Things you should know
You might also be interested in
Cover your personal possessions from just £25 a year.
T&Cs apply. Applicants must be aged 18 or over and a resident in the UK.
Classic Credit Card
Build or improve your credit score over time, if managed well.
Credit subject to status.