Ways to bank
HSBC Online Banking activation
We're currently making improvements to our Online Banking service.
If you registered for Online Banking prior to the 17th December 2014 it's not possible for you to activate your existing Secure Key and you will need to re-start your registration.
If you registered for Online Banking after this date, please log on to Online Banking entering your username, memorable answer and your password, from here you will be prompted to activate your Secure Key.
We apologise for any inconvenience which this delay may cause. Once you are registered, we look forward to introducing you to Online Banking, including the exciting enhancements we're working on now.
HSBC Mobile Banking app
Manage your personal accounts easily and securely from your mobile phone.
- Register in app to start using today
- Digital Secure KeyDigital Secure Key accessed through the app, replaces the need for a physical secure key
- Touch ID - log on using your fingerprint. Available with Digital Secure Key and iPhone 5s or above
- With Fast BalanceFast Balance you can check your live balances on up to three eligible accounts without logging in
- Make payments to existing payees and transfer funds between your HSBC personal accounts
- Use PaymPaym to send and receive payments using a mobile number
- View balances and up to 90 recent transactions
- Apply in app for a personal loan and a Loyalty Cash ISA
- Simply download the HSBC Mobile Banking app from the Apple App Store, Google Play™, Amazon Appstore and BlackBerry® World™.
- Open the app and follow the on screen instructions to set up your security information (If you're an existing Online Banking customer, you can access the HSBC Mobile Banking app using the same details). If you're new to Online Banking, you can now register for Online Banking via the HSBC Mobile Banking app, this will give you access to both Online Banking and the app.
The HSBC Mobile Banking app can be used on Android™, iPhone, iPad, iPad Mini and iPod touch, Amazon fire and BlackBerry® digital devices running up-to-date software.
iPhone, iPad, iPad mini, iPod Touch and Touch ID are trademarks of Apple Inc. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
Paym - the easier way to pay
With Paym, you can send and receive money quickly and securely using only a mobile number via the HSBC Mobile Banking app. Make fast, cash-free payments via participating banks and building societies without sharing bank details
- No cash? No problem
- Send money to registered users using only their mobile number
- Simple and secureno need to share your account details
Available on Android, iPhone, iPad, iPad Mini and iPod touch, Amazon fire and BlackBerry® digital devices running up-to-date software
To use Paym you'll need the latest version of the HSBC Mobile Banking app. The HSBC Mobile Banking app can be downloaded from the App Store, Google Play™, Amazon Appstore and BlackBerry® World™ online stores
How to receive payments
You can skip this step if you've pre-registered for Paym.
- Select Paym in the HSBC Mobile Banking app menu and choose 'register to receive payments'
- Read and accept the Terms and Conditions and Consent to use the Service
- Use your Secure Key to generate a security code
- Choose the account you'd like to register
- Enter your mobile number to receive your activation code
- Enter your code
You're now registered for Paym.
How to send money
- Set your daily payment limit (you only need to do this once)
- Select a contact from your phone book or type in their number
- Enter the amount, verify the payment details and click 'pay now'
Your payment has been sent.
Our website is fully optimised for mobile, making it easier for you to access from your mobile phone
- Access Online Banking with your Secure Key
- Compare and apply for products and services
- 0345 contact number call us using your inclusive minutes on most tariffs
Check your balance in mobile view or switch to desktop view for services such as payments. Calls to 0345 numbers are eligible for inclusive minutes calls under most operators' tariffs; please check with your network to confirm.
Choose to receive weekly or monthly mini-statements on the day of your choice, showing your balance and up to five recent transactions, on up to three current and/or credit card accounts. Please note credit card accounts are only eligible for mini-statements via text, not account alerts.
This is a free service for all eligible current account customers. Click 'register now' to select the text alerts you'd like to receive.
The HSBC Mobile Banking app can be used on iPhone (models 4 onwards), iPod touch (5th generation onwards), iPad (2nd generation onwards, iPad Air and iPad Air 2), and iPad Mini, running up-to-date software. The HSBC Mobile Banking app can also be used on Amazon fire, Android and BlackBerry® digital devices running up-to-date software.
iPhone, iPad and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. The trademarks BlackBerry® and BlackBerry® World™ are the property of Blackberry Limited and are registered in the U.S. and countries around the world. Used under licence from Blackberry Limited. Android and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc. and Windows Phone is either a registered trademark or trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.