HSBC Online Banking activation
We're currently making improvements to our Online Banking service.
If you registered for Online Banking prior to the 17th December 2014 it's not possible for you to activate your existing Secure Key and you will need to re-start your registration.
If you registered for Online Banking after this date, please log on to Online Banking entering your username, memorable answer and your password, from here you will be prompted to activate your Secure Key.
We apologise for any inconvenience which this delay may cause. Once you are registered, we look forward to introducing you to Online Banking, including the exciting enhancements we're working on now.
Relocating your current account
Whether you're emigrating, retiring, studying or working abroad, or just need an International account, we are here to help.
- Account set up in advance If you are moving abroad you can open your new account before you leave so it’s set up when you arrive. Please allow up to 30 days prior to your international account opening to enable us to process your application. The customer must meet all HSBC qualifying criteria and document submission requirements.
- Free reviewWe’ll review your international needs to ensure your banking needs are covered
- Available in 37 countries Open an account in 37 different countries including Australia, France and Hong Kong. Subject to qualifications, status and local country laws and regulations.
- Credit history transferBy transferring your HSBC credit history, it’s even easier to continue your banking relationship with us. Subject to qualifications, status and local country laws and regulations.
- Fast serviceOnce the overseas country receives your completed application and supporting documentation, your new account will be opened in 10 - 15 working days for Premier and 15 - 20 days for Non-Premier.(Subject to qualifications, status and local country laws and regulations).
Alternatively, if you're moving to the UK and already bank with us:
- We can get your accounts up and running before you arrive
- An International Banking Centre will help set up your accounts
- We may be able to transfer your credit history to the UK
Contact your branch This link will open in a new browser window, your Premier Relationship Manager or call HSBC Direct in your home country ask to be connected with the International Banking Centre and book an appointment to discuss your international needs International Banking Centre.
Five steps to opening an account abroad
Please note, a charge of £100 will apply. This is free for HSBC Premier customers and reduced to £50 for those holding HSBC Advance, Student and Graduate accounts, as well as customers under 18 years of age.
1. Contact us
- Get in touch
Get in touch and start your application at least a month before you need to use your account by using the online enquiry form This link will open in a new browser window and/or speak to your Premier Manager or visit your local branch or call the International Banking Centre on 0345 607 6706*
or +44 20 7991 7414* from abroad
* Lines are open 9 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday
- These numbers are for UK customers interested in opening accounts in another country with a HSBC presence.
- Wait for a call back
If you have completed the on-line enquiry form you will receive a call within 24 hours to discuss your needs. The International Banking Centre will guide you through the necessary application form and checklist of what documents you need to bring to your local branch.
2. Complete your application
Please set aside 45 minutes to go through the application with an HSBC International Banking Specialist.
- Get documents ready
2. Proof of income
3. Source of income
4. Other documentation such a visa’s may be required Subject to qualifications, status and local country laws and regulations.
Please note, if you have any questions you can call our international specialists who will help you complete the form over the phone.
3. Submit your application
Our International Banking Specialist will make an appointment for you at your local branch so we can verify your documents.
What you'll need to do
Your International Banking Specialist will guide you on what documentation is required, along side your application form, that you need to bring into the branch. This needs to be signed in branch and verified by our branch staff.
4. Account opens
You can expect your new account to be opened within 10 - 15 working days for Premier customers and 15 - 20 working days for non-Premier customers of your chosen country* receiving your application and supporting documents.
You will receive your new debit cards and cheque book shortly after your account has been opened.
*Subject to qualifications, status and local country laws and regulations.
Once your account is opened you will receive all documentation, cards and PINs. You will receive a welcome call from the HSBC International Banking centre. They will make sure you have everything you need and answer any questions you may have.
Need to speak to us?
Give our friendly team a call on:
0345 607 6706
Lines are open from 9am to 6pm Monday to Friday. Calls may be monitored or recorded.
Prefer to talk face-to-face?
Pop into your nearest branch for a chat.Branch locator
- About HSBC
- Site map
- News and media
- HSBC Group
- UK ring fencing
- © HSBC Bank plc 2015