Our Commitment to you
Dealing with the estate of a loved one can be difficult. If you're dealing with more than one bank the expectations and experience can differ vastly, making things more complicated.
HSBC Retail Bank, Wealth Management and first direct have been working alongside other banks through the British Bankers' Association (BBA), to create a code of practice which sets out what banks will do when a death is reported and what you can expect from us.
We have voluntarily signed up to adhere to this code of practice, made up of 6 Principles and have committed to ensure they are in place by the end of the year 2016.
The principles are:
- Our team will treat you with compassion and respect when you seek our help and support following bereavement.
- We will provide you with access to practical, jargon-free information and help via our branches, website and telephone. We'll also tell you about other external sources of help available to you.
- When you get in touch to tell us about your bereavement we will respond rapidly and will suppress marketing and start to take the necessary action straight away. There may be occasions when marketing material continues to arrive because it was already prepared for mailing, but this should only be for a short period of time.
- We will make sure that once you've been in touch, we will notify all relevant teams in our organisation and provide you with a point of contact. This relates to HSBC Retail Bank, Wealth Management and first direct.
- We will provide support to meet your individual needs throughout the process and will work with you to resolve everything as quickly and simply as possible keeping you informed.
- We will plan carefully to make sure we can consistently provide the best possible service for those who are bereaved.
For further information on the BBA, or the Principles please click here
Letting us know
Notify us online
You can inform us of a bereavement online.
Visit us in branch
Write to us
You can send documents to:
HSBC Bereavement Services
51 Saffron Road