Insure your home and everything inside it
Make sure your home is fully protected. Get a quote today and apply for a buildings and contents insurance policy, provided by Aviva.
Why get buildings and contents insurance with us?
Pay in regular instalments with no additional charges if you'd like to pay monthly.
Your UK-based team are available around the clock, whenever you need to make a buildings or contents insurance claim.
There’s no cost for changing your cover whenever you need to, but your premium may increase if you add extras.
Refund switching costs
Get a new policy with us before your current policy ends and we’ll refund any cancellation fees. T&Cs apply. Get a refund.
What does our buildings and contents insurance cover?
- Costs to repair your home after loss or damageWe'll cover whatever it costs to repair your home after loss or damage. This could be from a fire, explosion, storm, vandalism, vehicles, water escaping from pipes, theft or falling trees.
- Unlimited buildings coverWe'll cover the full cost of rebuilding your home up to the same specification as the original building, with no upper limit.
- Up to £50,000 for loss or damage to your belongingsYou could receive up to £50,000 to cover loss or damage to your belongings or up to £80,000 on request.
- Replace items on a like-for-like basisWe'll replace any contents item you claim for on a like-for-like basis, or replace it with its nearest available equivalent.
- Water damageIf you've got water damage from a leaking pipe, we'll find the source of the leak and fix any damage caused.
- Cover for your contents while you're temporarily away from homeIf you're away from home, you could still get cover for your contents including up to £5,000 for a member of your household who is away working or studying.
- Somewhere for you and your pets to stayIf damage has meant you can't live in your home, we'll find you and your domestic pets somewhere to stay.
All subject to your policy terms and conditions.
What's not covered by our buildings and contents insurance?
- Any excess on your policy schedule
- Damage from any cause of wet or dry rot
- Building and contents wear and tear
- We'll reduce the amount we pay for clothes or household linen (eg bedding) to reflect wear and tear
- Damage that happens after the home has been left unoccupied for longer than the period shown in your policy
- Loss or damage caused by domestic animals
- Motorised vehicles, aircraft, boats, boards and other craft and any parts, spares or accessories
Other exclusions apply – please read the General Exclusions section of the policy booklet (PDF, 65KB).
Choose from a variety of extra cover to make sure your policy protects everything you need it to.
Home emergency cover
Accidental damage cover for buildings
Accidental damage cover for contents
Personal belongings cover
Pedal cycles cover
Business equipment cover
Legal expenses cover
High-quality home insurance
5 Star rated by Defaqto
HSBC Home Insurance is rated 5 Star by Defaqto, the independent financial information business. This means our policy is one of the most comprehensive in the market.
Get a buildings and contents insurance quote
Who can apply?
Get a quote online
Retrieve a quote
Get a quote by phone
Call us on 0800 744 844
Lines are open 08:00 to 20:00 Monday to Friday and 08:00 to 18:00 on Saturdays and 10:00 to 16:00 on Sundays. On public holidays, opening hours may vary.
Frequently asked questions
What is buildings and contents insurance?
What is home emergency cover?
Does buildings and contents insurance cover a boiler?
Does buildings and contents insurance cover roof leaks?
What is valuable?
You might also be interested in
Home insurance support
Find out how you can manage your policy, and how we can help if you need to make a claim.
How much home insurance do you need?
See what's covered by different policies and work out what you may need.
What insurance do you need with your mortgage?
If your mortgage application is approved, it's now to time think about what home insurance you might need.