Insure your home against serious loss or damage
Why get buildings insurance with us?
Pay in regular instalments with no additional charges if you'd like to pay monthly.
Your UK-based team are available around the clock, whenever you need to make a buildings or contents insurance claim.
There’s no cost for changing your cover whenever you need to, but your premium may increase if you add extras.
Refund switching costs
Get a new policy with us before your current policy ends and we’ll refund any cancellation fees. T&Cs apply. Get a refund.
What does our buildings insurance cover?
- Costs to repair your home after loss or damageWe'll cover whatever it costs to repair your home after loss or damage. This could be from a fire, explosion, storm, vandalism, vehicles, water escaping from pipes, theft or falling trees.
- Unlimited buildings coverWe'll cover the full cost of rebuilding your home up to the same specification as the original building, with no upper limit.
- Water damageIf you've got water damage from a leaking pipe, we'll find the source of the leak and fix any damage caused.
- Somewhere for you and your pets to stayIf damage has meant you can't live in your home, we'll find you and your domestic pets somewhere to stay.
All subject to your policy terms and conditions.
What's not covered by our buildings insurance?
- Any excess on your policy schedule
- Damage from any cause of wet or dry rot
- Building wear and tear
- Loss or damage that happens gradually
- Damage that happens after the home has been left unoccupied for longer than the period shown in your policy
- Loss or damage caused by domestic animals
Other exclusions apply – please read the General Exclusions section of the policy booklet (PDF, 65KB).
Choose from a variety of extra cover to make sure your policy protects everything you need it to.
Home emergency cover
Accidental damage cover for buildings
Legal expenses cover
High-quality home insurance
5 Star rated by Defaqto
HSBC Home Insurance is rated 5 Star by Defaqto, the independent financial information business. This means our policy is one of the most comprehensive in the market.
Get a buildings insurance quote
Who can apply?
You can apply if:
- you're over the age of 16
- your property is in the UK (excluding Channel Islands and Isle of Man)
Get a quote online
Retrieve a quote
Get a quote by phone
Call us on 0800 744 844
Lines are open 08:00 to 20:00 Monday to Friday and 08:00 to 18:00 on Saturdays and 10:00 to 16:00 on Sundays. On public holidays, opening hours may vary.
Frequently asked questions
What is building insurance?
Is building insurance the same as home insurance?
Does building insurance cover subsidence?
What's not covered by our accidental damage cover for buildings?
Do you need buildings insurance when you're renting?
You might also be interested in
Home insurance support
Find out how you can manage your policy, and how we can help if you need to make a claim.
What insurance do you need with your mortgage?
If your mortgage application is approved, it's now to time think about what home insurance you might need.
How much home insurance do you need?
See what's covered by different policies and work out what you may need.