Permission for devices:
- Camera: Allows you to take a photo of a cheque and deposit it using the HSBC UK Mobile Banking app. Also allows you to scan a QR code and use the app on up to 3 devices
- Contact details: Allows you to make transactions to your saved contacts
- Location: Allows us to detect your location and prevent fraud when you’re using the HSBC UK Mobile Banking app
- Microphone: Allows you to send recorded voice messages when you’re chatting with us
- Phone numbers: Allows you to share the phone number that is registered with your HSBC UK account
- Device information and internet access: Allows us check if you have a working internet connection
- Messaging: Allows us to enable your phone’s vibration so that you’re notified when you receive any chat message from us
- Push messages: Allows us to inform that you’ve received a chat message and send you transaction notifications from HSBC UK.
Permission specific to iOS devices:
- Photos: Allows us to access your photos so that we can help you make a transaction using QR code
- Biometric information: Allows you to use your biometric credentials, such as Face ID or Touch ID, to log on
- App tracking transparency: Allows you to grant us the permission to track your activities across other companies’ apps and websites (versions 14.0 and above)
Permission specific to Android devices:
- External storage device (for example memory card): Allows HSBC UK to save files, such as statements, on your device's external storage so that you can view or send them
- Biometric information: Allows you to use your biometric credential, such as fingerprint recognition, to log on
- Application permission: Allows Google Play Store to keep a record from where you downloaded the HSBC UK Mobile Banking app
- High sampling rate sensors: Allows us to check any unusual or suspicious activity on your device to prevent payment scams and fraudulent activities
- Application information: Allows us to collect information about applications installed on your device to check whether you might have risky applications on it. This helps us protect you and us from financial crime.
- Bluetooth connect: Allows us to detect the types and number of devices connected to your phone/tablet via Bluetooth because fraudsters can use it to monitor or control your device(s). This helps us to detect and prevent fraud.
- Read phone state: Allows us to know if you are on a call while using the app. This helps us to detect and prevent fraud.
We use the following tools to collect information about your device and the way you use it online.
- Transmit Security - Helps make sure your logon and authentication are more secure
- Tealium (tag manager) - Allows us to manage cookies based on your preferences
- AppDynamics - Helps track app performance so that it can keep running smoothly
- TIS mobiFlow - Allows you to deposit cheques digitally
- LivePerson – Allows us to provide chat support and messaging services
- Google Pay - Allows you to make payments using your Google Pay app
- Brightcove - Allows us to play videos on our app and also helps track the performance of your device
- Creative Virtual - Allows us to ensure that you’re using the correct server for our virtual assistant to work properly
- Google (reCAPTCHA) – Allows us to validate that the interaction with our app is being performed by a human rather than an automated system or 'bot', for security purposes
- BioCatch - Allows us to check unusual or suspicious activity on your device, such as malware, so that we can prevent payment scams and fraudulent activities
- ThreatMetrix - Allows us to protect you against fraud by identifying if there are any malware or risky software installed on your device
- Vasco DigiPass - Allows us to detect and prevent fraudulent activities on our app
- Qualtrics – Allows us to provide questionnaires to you or enable you to provide feedback using surveys
- Optimizely and (AudienceStream/EventStream) - Allows us to deliver personalised content in various forms across our apps
- Tealium AudienceStream – Allows us to collect data about how you use this app, in order to create profiles based on your behaviour, and also to measure the performance of our digital advertising
- Tealium EventStream - Allows us to collect data to understand how you use our app and to personalise our app and other services
- Contentsquare – Allows us to improve your digital experience when you’re using our app
- Celebrus – Allows personalised content delivery across apps and identifies behaviours that may represent an increased risk of fraud and provide associated warnings