Whether it's next year’s dream getaway or a last minute break, a travel loan could see you jetting off to the sunshine by spreading the cost of your holiday payments.
Holiday Loan calculator
Calculate your monthly loan repayments by using the sliders to vary how much you want to borrow and for how long.
APR (annual percentage rate) varies according to the size of the loan. The amount you want to borrow might be close to one of the points where the APR changes. See full details of our Personal Loan interest rates (PDF, 47KB).
Why get a Holiday Loan with us?
- Borrow from £1,000 to £25,000Always know what you'll have to pay with fixed monthly repayments spread over 1 to 5 years for loans of £15,000 or less, or over 1 to 8 years for loans over £15,000.
- Get a quick decisionIf you've got an HSBC current account you can get an instant credit decision, while non-HSBC current account customers should get a credit decision in 2 to 5 working days.
- Quick access to fundsExisting HSBC current account customers could receive the money instantly once your application has been approved and the loan agreement has been signed. Non-HSBC current account customers could receive the money into a nominated account 3 working days after the signed loan agreement is received.
- Make overpayments free of chargeManage your finances the way you want with the flexibility to overpay, which could reduce the amount of interest you have to pay.
6.9% APR representive.
*The rate is subject to change and the representative APR may not be the rate you'll receive. We'll offer you a rate based on our assessment of your personal financial circumstances. The maximum APR you could be offered is 22.9%.
The APR may vary based on amount borrowed. Please use the calculator or the loans interest rate table (PDF, 47KB) for more details.
Things to know
You can apply for a Holiday Loan if you:
You can apply if you:
- are over 18 and a resident of the UK
- have an annual income/pension before tax of £10,000 or more
- have a bank or building society account with a Direct Debit facility
Not available for customers with a Basic Bank Account.
For joint loan applications, please call us on 03457 404 404. Joint loans are not available online or in the HSBC Mobile Banking app.
Our loans are subject to status.
What you can't use your loan for
We don't offer Personal Loans for a number of purposes including:
- the purchase of property or land (both UK & Overseas) including holiday homes and apartments
- purchasing a joint stake in a property or buying out a joint owner
- mortgage deposit (regardless of lender or country)
- gifting funds to third parties to support the purchase of a property, including mortgage deposit, stamp duty and solicitors fees
- business purposes
Our credit facilities
Frequently asked questions
Ready to apply for a Holiday Loan?
On your mobile device? If you've downloaded our app and have an HSBC current account, you can apply now by selecting 'Apply in app'.
If you're on a desktop, scan the QR code with your mobile device.
New to HSBC?
More ways to apply
Apply in browser
You might also be interested in
Global Money Account
Global Money is our multi-currency account that allows you to spend and send money abroad, with no HSBC fees.
Fee-free deliveries on your Travel Money to an HSBC Full Service or Cash Service branch or home.
Standards of Lending Practice
HSBC adheres to the standards of lending practice guidelines.