HSBC Online Banking activation
We're currently making improvements to our Online Banking service.
If you registered for Online Banking prior to the 17th December 2014 it's not possible for you to activate your existing Secure Key and you will need to re-start your registration.
If you registered for Online Banking after this date, please log on to Online Banking entering your username, memorable answer and your password, from here you will be prompted to activate your Secure Key.
We apologise for any inconvenience which this delay may cause. Once you are registered, we look forward to introducing you to Online Banking, including the exciting enhancements we're working on now.
Ways to help you manage your mortgage
If you're worried you won't be able to make future mortgage payments or are already in arrears, we're here to help. There are many reasons why you may be struggling, including being made redundant or not working due to an accident or illness. Whatever your individual situation, the sooner you act, the sooner we can put a plan in place to get you back on track.
- Using a Budget Calculator If you're not in arrears, a budget calculator will help you review your monthly income and spending. You can use this information to see if you can cut back on any non-essential items to make your monthly mortgage payments more affordable.
- Telling us about changes If you bought your property with a partner and have separated, you may only want to pay half of the mortgage. Don't forget, however, that you both remain liable for full monthly repayment. If your circumstances change, please contact us as soon as possible.
- Reducing your monthly payments It may be possible to reduce your monthly payments for a short time, but we will make sure there's a plan in place to repay the arrears that would accumulate. Please contact our Mortgage Collections Department.
- Changing your payment details If you wish to make a change to your Direct Debit details, contact Mortgage Services to arrange for a new mandate to be sent to you. If you change the date of your payment, this usually results in an increase to your next monthly payment.
- Repaying your arrears There are a variety of options we can explore to help you repay your arrears tailored around your personal situation. Please contact our Mortgage Collections Department to discuss your options.
Mortgage Collections Department
(if you are already behind/late with your mortgage payments or you think you may struggle to maintain your payments)
By phone: 0345 850 0633
Opening hours: Monday - Thursday 8am - 9pm, Friday 8am - 6pm and Saturday 8.30am - 4pm
By fax: 01617 728 387
By post: HSBC Bank Plc
Customer Credit Services
PO Box 6277
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.
Our top 5 FAQs
1. Can I change the date of my mortgage payment? opens a overlay window
2. I have missed some of my mortgage payments. How can I repay the arrears? opens a overlay window
3. I am not in arrears with my mortgage but I am finding it difficult to cover my mortgage payment. What should I do? opens a overlay window
4. I have recently lost my job what support is there for me? opens a overlay window
5. I have a joint mortgage with my wife/husband/partner but we are no longer together. Am I able to pay just my half of the monthly payment? opens a overlay window
Need to speak to us?
Give our friendly team a call on:
03457 662 255
Textphone 18001 03457 125 563
Lines are open Monday - Friday 8am - 6pm, Saturday 9am - 5pm. Calls may be monitored or recorded.
Prefer to talk face-to-face?
Pop into your nearest branch for a chat.Branch locator
- About HSBC
- Site map
- News and media
- HSBC Group
- UK Ring-fencing
- © HSBC Bank plc 2017