HSBC Online Banking activation
We're currently making improvements to our Online Banking service.
If you registered for Online Banking prior to the 17th December 2014 it's not possible for you to activate your existing Secure Key and you will need to re-start your registration.
If you registered for Online Banking after this date, please log on to Online Banking entering your username, memorable answer and your password, from here you will be prompted to activate your Secure Key.
We apologise for any inconvenience which this delay may cause. Once you are registered, we look forward to introducing you to Online Banking, including the exciting enhancements we're working on now.
Mobile Banking app
Bank on the go with the HSBC Mobile Banking app for iPhone®, iPad®, AndroidTM and BlackBerry® 10. It lets you manage your personal accounts easily and securely from your mobile phone.
- Send and receive payments securely using only a mobile number with Paym
- View balances and up to 90 recent transactions
- Make bill payments to existing beneficiaries
- Transfer funds between your HSBC personal accounts*
- Read secure messages
Other ways to bank on your mobile
- Research and apply for products/services in a mobile optimised view
- Call us using your inclusive minutes
Research products and services in mobile-optimised view
Our existing desktop/tablet website is now mobile-friendly, making it easier for you to quickly access on your mobile phone.
Call us using your inclusive minutes
If you need to contact us while you're out and about, you'll find 0345 numbers on our mobile site.
Calls to 0345 numbers are included within most mobile operators inclusive minutes. Please refer to your mobile network tariff for any charges.
Log on to Personal Internet Banking
No matter what type of internet-enabled phone you have, you have you can log on to Personal Internet Banking through your mobile browser, using your Secure Key.
- Check your balances in mobile view
- Use other Internet Banking services (for example making payments) in desktop view
- Receive balance and transaction alerts
- Receive weekly or monthly mini-statements
Why should I register?
- If your phone doesn't have access to the Internet, or even if it does and you prefer using text, Text Banking is a great way to keep track of your money
- The alerts that you request are automatically sent straight to your mobile, wherever you are
- Sign up now to start receiving text alerts
Information in the palm of your hand
You can request to receive weekly or monthly mini-statements on the day of your choice, showing your balance and up to five most recent transactions on up to a maximum of 3 accounts (current accounts and/or credit cards**).
You can also request specific Current Account alerts to notify you of events which can be very useful to help you manage your account, such as when your are nearing your overdraft limit:
- Your balance has fallen beneath a specific amount, useful for managing overdrafts
- Your balance has reached a specific amount
- A lump sum has been deposited in your account (minimum £25)
- A lump sum has been withdrawn from your account (minimum £25)
How much does the service cost?
This service is free for all eligible current account customers. Select 'Register now' and complete the details of the text alerts you would like to receive.
** Credit Card accounts are eligible for weekly and monthly statements only.
Fast Balance app
HSBC Fast Balance can be used with all current accounts where you have been issued with a debit card. Accessing your account is easy. Once you've downloaded HSBC Fast Balance and registered your details, all you need do to see your balances is click the HSBC Fast Balance icon, enter one single passcode, and choose the current account to see your balance.
Frequently asked questions
* For Mobile Banking app for business customers, please see our Business Mobile Banking app This link will open in a new browser window for more information.
** These links may allow you to access other websites. Please read the linked websites' Terms and Conditions. HSBC Bank plc has no control over non-HSBC websites and is not liable for your use of them.
- About HSBC
- Site map
- News and media
- HSBC Group
- UK Ring-fencing
- © HSBC Group 2017