- check your balance
- make payments
- pay bills
- transfer money
- set up standing orders
- update your details
- block your card
- report your card lost or stolen
If you need assistance with more complex queries that can’t be completed with a chat agent, we’re available to support you over the phone.
It’s best to call when you’re dealing with:
- life events
- fraud assistance
- complex queries
Unfortunately, we can’t help you with:
- updates on a dispute – we’ll let you know as soon as we do
- updates on an application, we’ll email you when we’ve processed your application
- applications for a product, with the exception of vulnerable customers
We also offer a 24-hour automated service, which allows you to check your balance, make payments, report a card lost or stolen.
Stay safe and save yourself time with Voice ID
- easier - you won't need to remember your security number. You'll just need your voice to access your account
- safer - fraudsters and hackers may be able to steal or guess your security number, but they can't replicate your voice. Voice ID can even recognise your voice if you have a cold or a sore throat
How do I sign up for Voice ID?
- Call 08000 852 380.
- Verify yourself using your telephone security number.
- Create your voiceprint saying 'My voice is my password' up to 5 times.
- Use your voice to access your account through telephone banking.
If you've forgotten your phone banking security number, you can reset it by calling 03457 404 404.
HSBC Voice ID is available to UK customers over the age of 18 who are registered for phone banking.