Benefits of Balance After Bills
- Help manage your money until payday
- See the bills you have upcoming for the month with the handy bills calendar
Download the HSBC UK Mobile Banking app
Please note: you need an iPhone or iPad to use Balance After Bills. It's not available on Android at the moment.
What is Balance After Bills?
Balance After Bills helps you budget successfully from one payday to the next. It shows you how much you could have left for the month ahead, once scheduled bills (standing orders and Direct Debits) are taken into account.
Based on your regular bills, we estimate what you'll owe for the month ahead. Then we subtract it from your current balance to show you what you could have left. That way, you get your Balance After Bills at a glance.
Note: Balance After Bills is only an indication of what you could have left. You should always make sure you have enough funds to pay your bills.
How to use Balance After Bills
Balance After Bills is simple to set up.
- Log on to the HSBC UK Mobile Banking app and choose the current account you’d like to use for Balance After Bills. Please note: it must have at least one standing order or Direct Debit.
- Select ‘Balance After Bills activate’ in the account details page.
- You’ll see an overview of what Balance After Bills is and how it’s calculated. Once you’re happy, select ‘Activate Balance After Bills’ and you’re all set up.
Your Balance After Bills cycle is automatically set to the first of the month but you can change this by selecting the three dots in the top right hand corner.