HSBC Online Banking activation
We're currently making improvements to our Online Banking service.
If you registered for Online Banking prior to the 17th December 2014 it's not possible for you to activate your existing Secure Key and you will need to re-start your registration.
If you registered for Online Banking after this date, please log on to Online Banking entering your username, memorable answer and your password, from here you will be prompted to activate your Secure Key.
We apologise for any inconvenience which this delay may cause. Once you are registered, we look forward to introducing you to Online Banking, including the exciting enhancements we're working on now.
Plan ahead with confidence
Make your money work hard for you and know exactly what you’ll get. Choose a term, deposit between £2,000 and £1,000,000 into your Fixed Rate Saver and earn interest at a great fixed rate.
- Choose how long you saveChoose from six deposit terms, ranging from three months to three years, and deposit anything from £2,000 to £1,000,000
- Get a great interest rateEarn between 0.30% AER/gross and 0.70% AER/gross depending on amount invested and term chosen
- Set up savings for a childAnyone eligible to open a Fixed Rate Saver may also open an account in branch on behalf of a child, providing the child is at least seven years of age
- Reinvest your savingsBefore the end of the term, we'll ask if you want to withdraw your money, start a new Fixed Rate Saver or discuss your options
- Know exactly what you'll getYour interest rate remains fixed throughout the term, so you know in advance exactly how much interest you'll earn.
- Close early if you need toProvided the deposit is under £50,000 you can close the bond early for a fee of 90 days interest. Depending on when the withdrawal is made, you may get back less than originally invested. If the deposit is over £50,000 you can't close your bond or withdraw any money until the end of the deposit term.
Our top 5 FAQs
1. How do I apply for a Fixed Rate Saver Bond? opens an overlay window
2. Am I eligible? opens an overlay window
3. How much can I save? opens an overlay window
4. How can I access my savings? opens an overlay window
5. How is interest calculated? opens an overlay window
Prefer to talk face-to-face?
Pop into your nearest branch for a chat.Find a branch
You may also be interested in...
Confused by savings jargon or want to know the basics? Read our guide.
For help and guidance, use this tool.
If you're unsure where to start with your finances, our experts can help.
Ways to grow your money may depend on your financial goals.
- About HSBC
- Site map
- News and media
- Privacy Notice
- HSBC Group
- UK Ring-fencing
- © HSBC Group 2018