HSBC Online Banking activation
We're currently making improvements to our Online Banking service.
If you registered for Online Banking prior to the 17th December 2014 it's not possible for you to activate your existing Secure Key and you will need to re-start your registration.
If you registered for Online Banking after this date, please log on to Online Banking entering your username, memorable answer and your password, from here you will be prompted to activate your Secure Key.
We apologise for any inconvenience which this delay may cause. Once you are registered, we look forward to introducing you to Online Banking, including the exciting enhancements we're working on now.
- Downloadable application form (PDF) PDF download. This link will open in a new browser window
- Take the application form to your nearest HSBC bank branch
- Remember to take identification and proof of your address (PDF)
If you're under the age of 16, then your parent/legal guardian will need to sign the application form too.
As the child is the applicant they will need to be present in the branch to open the account.
Apply in branch
Book your appointment to open an account in branch by calling 03457 404 404. You'll need to bring identification, proof of your address and a recent statement from your current bank.Find a branch
Apply by phone
To find out more, or to apply for a MySavings account, call us on
0800 032 4729
Lines are open 8am to 8pm every day (excluding Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day)
|Account name||MySavings/HSBC Premier MySavings|
|What is the interest rate?||
Interest is calculated daily and credited to the account monthly.
Balances up to £3,000 will earn the higher rate of interest. Only the part of the balance above £3,000 will earn the lower rate of interest.
|Can HSBC change the interest rate?||
Can HSBC change the interest rate?
Yes, we can change the interest rate on this account in line with clause 28 of the MyMoney and HSBC Premier Family Savings Terms and Conditions:
|What would the estimated balance be after 12 months based on a range of deposits?||
For the purpose of these calculations, it is assumed:-
Projection provided for illustrative purposes only and does not take into account individual circumstances.
|How do I open & manage my account?||
How do I open & manage my account?
How to open the account:
How to manage the account
|Can I withdraw money?||
Can I withdraw money?
Yes, you have instant access to your account. You can make as many fee free withdrawals as you like.
MySavings comes with a Cash Book. You can use it to pay in and take money out at any HSBC branch. If you are under 11 years and want to take out over £50 (or move it to another account) you'll need your parent or guardian's permission, and their signature
A 14 day cancellation period applies to this account.
We do not deduct tax from any interest paid to you.
Tax benefits depend on individual circumstances and could change in the future.
Rates correct as at 06.04.17
Things you should know
Before applying, please take the time to read the following. You may also want to save some of these documents for future reference.Your information This link will open in a new browser window
- Your information (PDF) PDF download. This link will open in a new browser window. (which explains how we will use your personal information)
- UK FSCS Information Sheet and Exclusions List (PDF) PDF download. This link will open in a new browser window. (Please read this document before applying)
- Banking made easy (PDF)
- Important notes This link will open in a new browser window.
- MyMoney and HSBC Premier Family Terms and Conditions (PDF)
- Notice of Variation to MyMoney and HSBC Premier Family Terms and Conditions and Charges and Banking made easy with effect from 13 January 2018 (PDF)
- Interest rates (PDF) PDF download. This link will open in a new browser window.
- Savings Brochure (PDF) PDF download. This link will open in a new browser window.
- Money Advice Service This link will open in a new browser window.
To read our PDF files you'll need to have Acrobat Reader 8.0™ or above. We think most of you will have this but if you don't, it's free and can be downloaded from Adobe UK This link will open in a new browser window. If you are accessing this website using screen reading technology that cannot read PDFs, a converter is available at Access Adobe This link will open in a new browser window. .
- About HSBC
- Site map
- News and media
- HSBC Group
- UK Ring-fencing
- © HSBC Bank plc 2017