Classic Credit Card
Based on an assumed credit limit of
- No annual fee
- Up to £1,000 credit available
- Build or improve your credit ratingThis card could help you build or improve your credit score over time, if managed well. Your credit score could be harmed if you don't make payments on time and stay within your credit limit.
- Apple Pay – immediate access to spendingAdd your new credit card to Apple Pay from the iOS version of the HSBC UK Mobile Banking app. This allows you to pay for things in shops, apps and on websites immediately using Apple Pay, while waiting for your new card to arrive.
Using your card
- Manage your card onlineOnline banking is a convenient way to manage your card. It lets you check your credit card balance, make payments and stay in control.
- Get an additional cardAs long as they’re over 18, you can add your partner or a family member to your account.
- Bank anywhere with the HSBC Mobile Banking AppMake payments to existing beneficiaries and manage your personal accounts easily and securely with the HSBC Mobile Banking App.
- Use your card abroadYou can use your HSBC Credit Card at any retailer or cash machine that displays the logo on your card. Fees apply and non-HSBC cash machines may also charge a fee.
- Enjoy 24/7 worldwide assistanceReceive round-the-clock support and an emergency cash advance if your card is lost or stolen.
Exclusive offersAccess worldwide offers and discounts on everything from savings on clothing to exciting days out. We’re constantly updating our offers, so they may vary as new ones come in. Discover HSBC home&Away.
Apply for a Classic Credit Card
Please ensure you read the important information in the ‘Things you should know’ section before applying.
Services in our branches and contact centres are currently limited because of the coronavirus outbreak. Unfortunately we are unable to offer new products in branches or contact centres, or set up appointments at the moment.
If you’ve applied for a new account online recently, please allow extra time for your application to be processed as the queues are longer than usual – no need to call us, we’ll let you know when it’s ready to use.
We’re also receiving far more calls than usual, so our wait times are longer. Please check the information on our dedicated coronavirus hub page, which is updated regularly. Please only call us if it’s urgent, so we can help those most in need.
Are you eligible?
Registered for online banking?
If you’re already registered for Online Banking, you can apply online now.
View your pre-filled application form, submit in just one click, and receive an instant decision.
Apply in the mobile app
If you're registered for mobile banking and have downloaded the app you can apply within the app in just a few clicks.
Not registered yet?
You need to be registered for online banking to apply.
Apply in branch
You might also be interested in
HSBC Bank Account
A bank account with some handy extras.
You’ll need to pay in at least £500 per month.