Get more from your current account
With an Advance Bank Account you get everything you need for everyday banking and lots more. Like money-saving offers. A minimum arranged overdraft offer of £1,000. And no monthly fees.
Plus, to top things off, you’ll also get access to the best savings rate we offer.
Switch to us
Get £175 when you switch to an Advance Bank Account using the Current Account Switch Service. Offer is open to new customers applying for the HSBC Advance Bank Account. Eligibility criteria and T&Cs apply.
At a glance
- Earn 2.75% AER/gross on your savingsBuild up your savings pot with our Regular Saver. You can save between £25-£250 each month and earn 2.75% AER/gross.
- Get it all for no monthly feeUnlike with some current accounts, there’s no monthly fee to pay for your Advance Account.
Take a closer look
Easy mobile banking
Controlling your finances is simple with our Mobile Banking app. 4 Make payments, pay in cheques with a photo, block or unblock your card. You can do it all in moments.
24/7 customer support
You can call us 24 hours a day, any day of the year, and our customer service team will be happy to help. Alternatively, you can reach us by Live Chat, on social media, or by popping into a branch. 5
Things you should know
Charges and overdraftsExpanded press enter to collapse Collapsed press enter to expand
Important account documentsExpanded press enter to collapse Collapsed press enter to expand
Other account informationExpanded press enter to collapse Collapsed press enter to expand
Who can apply?
You can apply for an Advance Bank Account if you:
- can pay in £1,750 or more each month (or at least £10,500 every 6 months) 6
- are 18 or older and live in the UK or EU
- are happy for us to do a credit check against your name (if you live in the UK)
Non-EU tax residents eligibility informationExpanded press enter to collapse Collapsed press enter to expand
New to HSBC?
Already a customer?
Other ways to applyExpanded press enter to collapse Collapsed press enter to expand
You might also be interested in
Additional informationExpanded press enter to collapse Collapsed press enter to expand
1. This offer is available to all HSBC UK current account customers. One British Cycling Fan Membership per customer, with the ability to upgrade to other membership options for an additional cost. You must activate your membership by 31 December 2019. Terms and conditions apply. Back to 'At a glance'
2. Subject to status and account conduct. Back to 'At a glance'
3. The fixed rate of 2.75% AER/gross over 12 months is available to HSBC Advance customers, who open a new Regular Saver account. Save between £25 and £250 per month by standing order from your HSBC Advance Bank Account for a fixed term of 12 months. If you do not save £250 in any given month you can carry over any unused subscription to following months. Interest is calculated on the daily cleared balance on your 'Regular Saver and we will pay this to your Regular Saver on the anniversary of the date your account was opened. For example, if you saved £250 every month for 12 months a total of £3000 will be paid in to your account during the 12 month term. At 2.75% you would earn approximately £44 interest (gross). Partial withdrawals are not allowed during the 12 month term. If you close your Regular Saver before the anniversary, we will pay interest at the same rate as we would apply to an equivalent amount held in a Flexible Saver. You can only hold one Regular Saver at any given time. AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate. This shows you what the gross rate would be if interest were paid and compounded each year. All credit interest will be paid gross. Gross is the rate of interest if interest were paid and not compounded each year. Back to 'At a glance'
4. Our mobile banking app is currently available on iPhones and iPads with an operating system of iOS 10.3 or higher and Android devices with an operating system of 5.0 or higher. Back to 'Take a closer look'
5. Our telephone, online and mobile banking services are open 24 hours a day subject to scheduled maintenance periods. During busy periods calls may be transferred outside the UK. Textphone is not available in the Channel Islands and Isle of Man. To help us continually improve our service, and in the interests of security, we may monitor and/or record your calls with us. Back to 'Take a closer look'
7. Subject to status and account conduct. Back to 'Existing customers'