Wherever life after university leads you
In the middle of all this change, one thing you don’t want to worry about is banking. That’s why our Graduate Bank Account offers you benefits, rates and services designed to make the move from study to a career that much easier.
Open an account today
It’s quick and easy to apply online.
At a glance
- Apply for an arranged overdraftGet up to £1,500 interest-free in your first year and up to £1,000 in your second year after graduation. 1
- Earn more on your savingsEnjoy an attractive savings rate with a Regular Saver account, one of our highest earning savings accounts.
- Manage your accounts on the goAccess your money 24/7 through online, mobile and phone banking. 2
What else is included?
- Set up text alertsKeep track of your account balance and large withdrawals and deposits.
- Pay your mates quickly and easily with PaymYou just need their number and our Mobile Banking app.
- Get a Visa debit cardWithdraw up to £300 a day and make contactless payments.
Access to savings accounts
Build up a nice little nest egg. As a Graduate Account customer you can open a Regular Saver and Loyalty ISA. So as well as working for your future, you can save for it too.
Things you should know
Charges and overdraftsExpanded press enter to collapse Collapsed press enter to expand
Important account documentsExpanded press enter to collapse Collapsed press enter to expand
Who can apply?
You can apply for a Graduate Bank Account if you:
- are 18 years or older
- have graduated from university within the last 2 years
- can provide proof you're a graduate, such as a graduation certificate
- can provide ID, proof of your address and 1 month's bank statements from your current bank
- are happy for us to do a credit check against your name (if you live in the UK)
How to apply
Apply for an account online in 15 minutes.
Apply in branch
Book an appointment to apply in branch.
You might be interested in
Additional informationExpanded press enter to collapse Collapsed press enter to expand
1. Representative example (assumed arranged overdraft £1,200): 1st year 0% EAR variable on the first £1,500, 2nd year 0% EAR variable on the first £1,000 and 19.9% EAR on the rest. Back to 'At at glance'
2. Our telephone, online and mobile banking services are open 24 hours a day subject to scheduled maintenance periods. To help us offer the best service, we may monitor and/or record your calls with us. Back to 'At at glance'
3. This offer is available to all HSBC UK current account customers. One British Cycling Fan Membership per customer, with the ability to upgrade to other membership options for an additional cost. You must activate your membership by 31 December 2019. Terms and conditions apply. Back to 'Free British Cycling Fan Membership'