Through our online Jumio tool, available through our HSBC Safeguard website, you can securely provide your ID and proof of address documents without having to go into an HSBC branch. All you’ll need is a computer with a webcam, or a mobile phone with a camera, and some ID.
Make sure the information on your ID and proof of address matches the information in your application.
And please remember, you can only complete the online document verification for yourself.
1. Check you can use the service
Answer some quick questions about your webcam, or mobile phone before you start.
2. Upload your ID
Accepted forms of ID include your passport, national identity card or UK photocard driving licence.
3. Upload a selfie
Take a photo of yourself against a clean, white background.
Who can use Jumio?
- You have received a text message from HSBC UK asking you to provide ID and address documents
- You have been directed to the tool at the end of your application to provide ID and address documents
- Your text message contains your unique reference number or you have been provided with your reference number on screen at the end on your application
- You have received a letter from HSBC Safeguard asking you to 'Update your records quickly' using Jumio
- Your letter contains a unique 10 digit reference number
- Your document details must match those we currently hold for you before proceeding. Please see the 'Frequently Asked Questions' below for help