Table of contents
Do I qualify for Jumio?
One of the quickest and most convenient ways to provide us with your identification and proof of address documents is to use the new online Jumio tool. To use this you’ll need a computer with a webcam or a mobile phone with a camera.
- You have received a text message from HSBC UK asking you to provide ID and address documents
- You have been directed to the tool at the end of your application to provide ID and address documents
- Your text message contains your unique reference number or you have been provided with your reference number on screen at the end on your application
- You have received a letter from HSBC Safeguard asking you to 'Update your records quickly' using Jumio
- Your letter contains a unique 10 digit reference number
- Your document details must match those we currently hold for you before proceeding. Please see the 'Frequently Asked Questions' below for help
Before you begin
- You will need your original Identification and/or address documents to hand.
- If you are required to provide a proof of address document, you will need a scanned copy of your original document ready to upload.
- You will need a computer equipped with a webcam or a smartphone.
- Please remember you will be unable to complete the online document verification for anyone other than yourself.