Rent out your home while you're away
- Have the freedom to work, live or travel elsewhere short-term
- Get rental income to cover your mortgage payments
- Rent out your home for up to 27 months
- Switch to a new mortgage rate during the period of renting your home – this will need to be done over the phone with us
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.
Who can apply?
It's a condition of your mortgage that you must have our consent before letting your home.
To apply, you should:
- have an HSBC residential mortgage
- only need to rent out your home on a temporary basis – up to 27 months
- have the consent of all the mortgage account holders
- have held your mortgage with us for at least 6 months
In exceptional circumstances, for example if you’re a member of the armed forces and you're taking up a new post, you may be accepted earlier than 6 months.