Choice, simplicity and security
Add your eligible credit and debit cards to Google Pay™ on almost any Android phone* and you'll be ready to pay in participating apps and anywhere contactless is accepted. *Works with most NFC capable Android™ devices running Android 4.4 (KitKat™) and higher.
How to add a card
- Download Google Pay from the Google Play Store
- Open the Google Pay app on your phone and tap the '+' sign.
- When you're prompted to add a credit or debit card, line up your HSBC card within the frame on the screen to capture your card details or enter your card information manually.
- Please select how you would like to receive your one-time passcode, which will be sent to you by SMS or email, then enter it into the appropriate field.
- Once it's verified, your HSBC card is ready to use with Google Pay.
There is no limit to the number of cards you can add to your device. The same card can be added on up to 8 devices.
How to pay
To pay with Google Pay in stores, just wake the device and hold it against the contactless payment terminal.
- You may need to unlock for some transactions (for example, when transactions exceed £45).
- The first card added to Google Pay will be the default card. Payments will be made from your default card; you can change this at any time by selecting the alternative card and tapping 'Set as default card'.
To pay with Google Pay in participating apps:
- Select 'Buy with Google Pay', authenticate using your unlock method, and your payment will be processed quickly and securely (additional verification may be required).
- The default Google Pay card will be displayed on the initial purchase. You can choose a different card which will then become the main card for payments within that app; this could be different from the default card used for in store transactions.
Android, Google Pay and the Google Pay logo are trademarks of Google LLC.
The Android Robot is reproduced or modified from work created and shared by Google and used according to terms described in the Creative Commons 3.0 Attribution License. Using your HSBC Credit or Debit card with Google Pay is subject to terms and conditions.