Instantly place a temporary block on your card
If your card goes missing, you may want to put a temporary block on it until you find it.
A temporary block will protect your card until you unblock it, or report it lost or stolen.
You can put a temporary block on your card in 5 simple steps using the HSBC UK Mobile Banking app. Alternatively, you can block your card via online banking.
Blocking your card will stop:
- cash withdrawals
- contactless payments
- online and in-store shopping
- digital wallet payments, such as Apple Pay or Google Pay
- debit card subscriptions (e.g. Netflix, Amazon Prime, Spotify)
Blocking your card won’t stop:
- Direct Debits and standing orders
- credit card subscriptions (e.g. Netflix, Amazon Prime, Spotify)
How to place a temporary block on your card
- Log on using biometrics or your Digital Secure Key.
- Tap on the account for the card you want to block.
- Go to ‘Manage Cards’.
- Select ‘Block or unblock card’.
- Choose the card you need to block, and select ‘Block this card’.
- Review the information displayed and select ‘Confirm’.
- Your card is now temporarily blocked.
- Select the ‘Log on to block or unblock your card’ button
- Enter your logon details
- Follow the on-screen instructions
To remove the block, follow the steps above, simply selecting ‘Unblock this card’ and ‘Confirm’ on the relevant card.
Watch the video to find out more
Download the app
If your card is definitely lost or stolen
Report it lost or stolen on mobile or online banking as soon as you realise. We’ll cancel your card immediately and send you a replacement.
Other ways to get in touch
Online banking helpdesk
03457 125 563
+44 207 088 2077 from outside the UK