HSBC Premier Savings
Available to Premier customers only
Open an account with £1. How much you save is up to you – with no maximum limit
Access your money instantly. No notice is needed, and you can transfer funds instantly
Save the way you want. You can put away a lump sum, make a regular standing order or just make payments when it suits you
See your money grow. Premier Savings pays you interest every month
Manage your money anytime. Once opened, you can manage your account via online, mobile and phone banking or by visiting us in branch
Apply for a Premier Savings Account
Please read the important product information and check eligibility before you apply.
What is the account name?
HSBC Premier Savings
What is the interest rate?
|All balances||2.25% AER / 2.23% gross|
|Interest Rate||2.25% AER / 2.23% gross|
Interest is calculated daily and is credited to the account monthly.
- Rate also applies to all cash within the Premier Investment Management Service (PIMS) and Trust Services including Trust Discretionary Investment Services (TDIS).
Can HSBC change the interest rate?
Yes, we can change the interest rate on this account in line with the account’s Terms and Conditions.
What would the estimated balance be after 12 months based on a £1,000 deposit?
||Balance at the end of 12 months|
|£1,000||2.25% AER / 2.23% gross||£1,022.50|
||2.25% AER / 2.23% gross|
|Balance at the end of 12 months||£1,022.50|
For the purpose of this calculation, it is assumed:-
- initial deposit of £1,000
- no further deposits
- no withdrawals
- no change to the interest rate during the 12 months
Projection provided for illustrative purposes only and does not take into account individual circumstances.
How do I open & manage my account?
- aged 18 years or over
- an HSBC Premier customer
How to open the account:
- this account can be opened in sole or joint names
- open an account via online banking or in branch
- a minimum of £1 must be deposited to open an account
- there is no maximum balance
How to manage the account:
- once opened, the account can be managed via online banking or the HSBC Mobile Banking app, where you can chat to us 24/7
- you can also manage the account via Telephone Banking or in branch
Can I withdraw money?
Yes, you have instant access to your account. You can make as many fee free withdrawals as you like.
A 14 day cancellation period applies to this account.
We do not deduct tax from any interest paid to you.
Tax benefits depend on individual circumstances and could change in the future.
- AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate. This shows you what the gross rate would be if interest were paid and compounded each year.
- Gross is the rate of interest paid before any tax (where applicable) has been deducted.
Rates correct as at 10 August 2023
How to apply for HSBC Premier Savings
Are you eligible?
Existing HSBC Premier customers
You can apply online in minutes if you're an existing HSBC Premier customer registered for online banking.
You’ll need to contact us to apply if you:
- want to open a joint account
- have multiple tax residencies or are a non-UK tax resident
Not registered for online banking yet?
If you already have a qualifying HSBC Premier account, you can register in minutes. Once you get your security details, you can apply for an HSBC Premier Savings account online.
Apply by phone or in branch
New to HSBC Premier?
To enjoy the benefits of this account, you’ll need to upgrade your existing HSBC current account or open an HSBC Premier current account.
HSBC Premier is available to you, if you pay your annual income into your HSBC Premier Bank Account and have either:
1. savings or investments of at least £50,000 with HSBC in the UK; or
2. an individual annual income of at least £75,000 and one of the following products with HSBC in the UK: a mortgage, investment, life insurance or protection product.
Or if you’ve already qualified for HSBC Premier in another country or region.
I already bank with HSBC
Before applying, please take the time to read the following documents. You may also want to save them for future reference.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I apply for a Premier Savings Account?
Am I eligible for HSBC Premier?
How much can I save?
How can I access my savings?
How does interest work on this account?
You might also be interested in
Regular Savings Account
Save between £25 and £250 every month with a 12-month fixed rate account. Available to customers with a current account (excluding Basic Bank Account).
Whatever your goals, putting money aside today could have a big impact on your future.
Eligibility criteria and fees apply. You may get back less than you invest. You should aim to invest for at least 5 years.