HSBC Online Banking activation
We're currently making improvements to our Online Banking service.
If you registered for Online Banking prior to the 17th December 2014 it's not possible for you to activate your existing Secure Key and you will need to re-start your registration.
If you registered for Online Banking after this date, please log on to Online Banking entering your username, memorable answer and your password, from here you will be prompted to activate your Secure Key.
We apologise for any inconvenience which this delay may cause. Once you are registered, we look forward to introducing you to Online Banking, including the exciting enhancements we're working on now.
Apply in branch
HSBC Current Account customers can book an appointment to apply in branch by calling 03457 404 404. From outside the UK +44 1226 261 010. You’ll need to bring identification
and proof of your address.
Things you should know
Before applying, please take the time to read the following. You may also want to save some of these documents for future reference.
- Privacy Notice (PDF) PDF download. This link will open in a new browser window. (which explains how we will use your personal information)
- UK FSCS Information Sheet and Exclusions List (PDF) PDF download. This link will open in a new browser window. (Please read this document before applying)
- Personal Banking Terms and Conditions (PDF)
- Charges and Additional Product Terms (PDF)
- Banking made easy (PDF)
- Savings Brochure (PDF) PDF download. This link will open in a new browser window.
- Money Advice Service This link will open in a new browser window.
To read our PDF files you'll need to have Acrobat Reader 8.0™ or above. We think most of you will have this but if you don't, it's free and can be downloaded from Adobe UK This link will open in a new browser window. If you are accessing this website using screen reading technology that cannot read PDFs, a converter is available at Access Adobe This link will open in a new browser window. .
- About HSBC
- Site map
- News and media
- HSBC Group
- UK Ring-fencing
- © HSBC Group 2017