Helping you thrive around the world
As a global bank, we are well placed to help you with your international finances. Whether it’s you or your money moving around the world, you can count on us to help make life easier.
Apply for HSBC Premier:
To open a Premier account, you must meet certain financial and other criteria.
- Open your account in your new country before you arrive
- If you qualify for Premier in the UK, you will be eligible in your new country1
- We will transfer your credit history with us
- Overseas account will be open in 10 days on receipt of completed application2
- Discover more ways our International Services can help you in your international adventures
- Guidance if you’re moving overseas with HSBC Expat
1Available in 37 countries including Australia, France & Hong Kong (subject to local rules and regulations)
2Subject to qualification, status and local laws and regulations
Managing your money internationally
- Global View allows you to see all your Premier accounts globally from a single logon
- Global Transfers allow you to move your money between your accounts, fee free
- HSBC Currency Accounts are available in 14 different major currencies and no account fee
- Send money outside the UK with speed, ease and convenience; fees may apply
3Includes Channel Islands and Isle of Man. Provided by Aviva Insurance Limited, terms and conditions apply.
HSBC Premier is available to you, if you pay your annual income into your HSBC Premier Bank Account and have either:
- savings or investments of at least £50,000 with HSBC in the UK; or
- an individual annual income of at least £75,000 and one of the following products with HSBC in the UK: a mortgage, investment, life insurance or protection product.
Or if you’ve already qualified for HSBC Premier in another country.
Please review our complete eligibility criteria before applyingExpanded press enter to collapse Collapsed press enter to expand
Apply for an HSBC Premier Bank Account
Apply by phone
Apply in branch
You can apply for the HSBC Premier Bank Account by visiting one of our branches. You’ll just need to bring some identification, proof of your address and a recent bank statement.
Existing HSBC customers:
Non HSBC customers:
Brochures and key facts
HSBC Premier is subject to status. We'll review your account on a regular basis and if you no longer meet the qualifying criteria, we'll transfer your account to a Bank Account.
Account opening and credit is subject to status. All applicants are required to provide a passport or national ID card and proof of permanent residential address.
In line with new UK banking rules, we're creating a separate ring-fenced bank called HSBC UK for our personal and commercial customers.
For more information, please visit: www.hsbc.co.uk/ringfencedbank
Before applying, please take the time to read the following documents. You may also want to save them for future reference.