Using the mobile app
- Log on using biometrics or your Secure Key.
- Tap on the account for the card you want to activate.
- Tap 'View more' and go to ‘Manage cards’.
- Select ‘Activate my card’.
- Choose the card you need to activate.
- Review the information displayed and select 'Activate'.
Your card is now activated.
Using online banking
At a cash machine
If you have a debit card (and it's not your first debit card with HSBC), you also have another option.
Just make a PIN transaction (such as a cash withdrawal, balance enquiry or mobile top-up) at a cash machine and your new card will be automatically activated.
If you're a joint account holder and have more than one card on the account, you'll need to activate each card individually.
Activating your contactless feature
To activate your contactless feature on your new card, you’ll need to make a PIN transaction with the card first.
For your security, you will be prompted to enter your PIN from time to time to complete your purchase.