Enjoy up to 27 months interest-free for balance transfers (3.49% fee, min £5).
Purchase rate24.9% p.a. (variable)
Representative24.9% APR (variable)
Based on an assumed credit limit of £1,200
Key benefits of a Balance Transfer Credit Card
Interest-free balance transfers
No annual fee
Good news! There's no annual fee for the Balance Transfer Credit Card.
Your Balance Transfer Credit Card also comes with
- Offers and discountsSave on shopping, eating out, travel, family days out and more. We regularly update our range of offers, so they'll vary as new ones come in.
- Use your credit card abroadYou can use your HSBC credit card in all countries and regions supported by the Visa and Mastercard networks. Fees apply, and non-HSBC cash machines may also charge a fee.
- Enjoy 24/7 worldwide assistanceHelp is at hand if your card is lost or stolen. Call our dedicated support team about getting an emergency cash advance.
- Purchase protectionSection 75 protects credit card purchases of £100 to £30,000 if the supplier breaches a contract, or misrepresents goods.
- Go digitalAll HSBC credit cards are contactless and can be used with a digital wallet. For immediate access to spending, you can add your card to Apple Pay or Google Pay directly from the HSBC UK Mobile Banking app before your new card arrives.
Things to know
Who can apply?
You can apply for a Balance Transfer Credit Card if you:
- are over 18
- are a UK resident
- have an annual income or pension before tax of £6,800 or more
- do not hold an HSBC Basic Bank Account
Ready to apply for a Balance Transfer Credit Card?
New to HSBC?
Already an HSBC customer?
Not registered for online banking?
Apply in branch
Apply in the mobile app
New to the UK?
Frequently asked questions
What is a balance transfer credit card?
How do credit card balance transfers work?
What happens to the old credit card after balance transfer?
Why are interest-free periods sometimes limited?
You might also be interested in
Not the right card for you?
Discover our range of credit cards and find the one that matches your needs.
Ways to borrow
If you're unsure whether an overdraft, credit card or loan would suit you, this tool can help you understand your options.
Standards of Lending Practice
HSBC adheres to the standards of lending practice guidelines.
If you have an HSBC UK credit card, you’re eligible to apply for another if you haven’t applied for an HSBC credit card within the past 6 months, and the card isn’t the one you currently have.
Please note, if you currently hold a Classic, Student, Purchase Plus, or Balance Transfer Credit Card with us, you will not be eligible for this product.